• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Investarms Hawken .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Replaced the nipple with a musket nipple and used RWS musket caps. Fired all rounds with no problems. Trigger is not as smooth as I would like. Might replace it next year.
STsk2eX.jpg

# 11 caps should work just fine by themselves.....unless you are shooting a crappy substitute BP powder...or you have a poor cleaning regimen.

The set trigger should also have a fair amount of adjustment available...

I bought the rifle used and the #11 nipple was slightly deformed. I wanted to try a Musket Nipple after reading about that online. I use GOEX FFg. Cabelas has 2 nipples for under $9.

Polish the trigger parts as well...can make a big difference. Be careful not to change angles, just polish smooth and lube lightly.

get a set of tc hawkin triggers. better then investarms but not as good as davis deer slayer triggers.

The adjustment screw on these are too short to make adjustments. Likely a lawyers advise to prevent lawsuits, replace the screw and they adjust pretty well.

I have one in lefty 50 cal, good accurate rifle and the stock keeps getting better looking as the years pass. Mine did not like a lot of BP. I hunt with 60 gr of Goex FFFg and its most accurate with 50 gr. Have you worked up a load for it?

Muamero, I would quickly agree with you. I would say that this has been my finding , "the most accurate load" , is not always the best hunting load. Punching paper is different than gathering a blood trail. I would almost bet that this holds true more often than not.

Back