• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Investarms Barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Contender

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Just started MZ. Pick up a cablea Hawkens reasonable price. Read good and bad things about these barrels. Can anyone with give me any advise.
Doc Contender

Doc Contender I have owned two cabelas hawkens both fifty one perc one flint they both shot extremelly well the original sights leave something to be desired but for prod gun not bad my percussion favored 82 gr goex 2f my flint shot the best with 75 gr goex 2f green mount offers replacement barrels if ya aint satisfied with what ya got good luck weasel

I've shot a Cabelas 54 cal Hawken rifle for years. I never did much better than 6" groups at 50 yds. but it did fine for deer hunting. [I never experimented with different powder charges much so I suspect it could have done better] It got retired when I got a better gun, but was a good starter gun. InvestArms barrels are usually pretty good , sometimes they make a lemon though.

Horse Dr.

I have a Cabela's 54cal in flint. Mine will shoot 1"1/2 to 2" groups off the bench at 50 yards. Patch and ball. It groups a little better with sabots but I was determined to get it to shoot round ball. Mine shoots best with 70 grains of 3F,(more than that and the groups open up was my experience) .530 ball and .15 patch. If you shoot paper targets try dropping to about 50 grains (lot more fun). I have been real happy with mine after a little tinkering.
Have fun,
Packdog

Latest posts

Back