• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Investarms barrel on a Thompson renegade stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertp

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Need suggestions, I have a Thompson Renegade 54 caliber but also have an investarms 58 caliber barrel I would lile to put on the same stock. The bolster isn't inletted as the thompson barrel is on the bolster so won't fit on the lock plate.The threade of the bolster on the Investarms is metric the Thompson are not .What wouls y'all suggest. Thanks

Use an Investarms lock or grind a notch in the TC lock. Very minor if any work required to swap lnvestarm/TC locks.

Isn't the Investarms barrel 7/8" across the flats? If so there would be a gap in the fore stock of the Renegade as it is milled for 1" across the flats.

Isn't the Investarms barrel 7/8" across the flats? If so there would be a gap in the fore stock of the Renegade as it is milled for 1" across the flats.

No. It’s a metric equivalent of 15/16ths. The Lyman 58 barrel l bought one time to put on a Hawken wouldn’t go in the 15/16ths barrel channel and was just a tad undersized for the Renegade stock.

yes,the INVESTARMS and LYMAN are 15/16'' (Made in Italy ,while the THOMPSON barrel is American made and is 1''.
have a SAFARI Arms.50 calHAWKIN (canadian ) and a Lyman hawkin(Trade rifle).50cal.
they are about 1000 serial numbers apart. both. made by that ITALIAN company.....sold my THOMPSON new englander ...fellow named a price and I said SURE !!!!! LOL; LOL.

Latest posts

Back