• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Investarms Aftermarket Barrels?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would love to find a 1*66 or 1*60 RB Twist barrel that would fit my Cabela's Ivestarms BP . Don't even care what Caliber. Ive got everything I need for .50 cal. Just never had a dedicated PRB barrel. Love to work with one.

The Green Mountain drop-in barrels for TC Hawken will drop right in your stock. May take a few file strokes on the barrel hook or tang and maybe tighten or loosen the wedge and maybe trim the undeerrib just a hair. In other words, the same things you have to do sometimes to get them just right on a TC gun. They’re discontinued but can still be found on gunbroker & etc. And I believe Rice Barrels is still making their drop-ins. Not sure but,for Rice you may have to supply the breechplug.

And of course, there’s always the option of sending your barrel to Robert Hoyt in Pennsylvania for a rebore/reline to your preferred caliber/twist.

The twist on the Investarms is 1-48. Which does fine up close. My boy was able to split balls at 25 yards on an axe head and hit 2 clay pigeons! He is a rifleman at 19 and was at 10 with air rifles (there was a bench involved). Hate to sound jealous but I think Id need a .54 or .58 to increase my chance to beat him! But I'm getting old and don't see really well after Covid. I have a couple good trades If I wouldn't get scrubbed for offering those new-fangled BlackHawks! Stupid self-contained cartridges. Just want a ROUND BALL GUN

Howdy folks. Will the lock from a T/C Hawken also fit the Investarms Hawken stock? Oddly enough, I am in the same boat as Luke. Have the rifle but would prefer another barrel. Someone gave the gun to me after it had been sitting in a barn for a few years and the barrel is junk and the hammer won't stay cocked. Thanks for asking the question Luke. That was also on my mind as well.

I've swapped them. Usually a pretty straightforward swap. But sometimes(even if you're changing out one TC lock for another) a bit of light 'tweaking' is called for.

I would love to find a 1*66 or 1*60 RB Twist barrel that would fit my Cabela's Ivestarms BP . Don't even care what Caliber. Ive got everything I need for .50 cal. Just never had a dedicated PRB barrel. Love to work with one.
Maybe Bobby Hoyt could "fresh out" your bbl. to .54cal. and make it 1:60 or 1:66? I think it would be more economical than looking for a replacement bbl.

Does he have a web site? Can't seem to find it. I may send him a Fast twist 1-20 .45 XTR Black Diamond barrel and have him rebore it to a 1*66 .50 cal. Yeah, Yeah, I know we don't mention the dirty inline word here, but I hate this barrel it only shoots Sabots well and I can't use it for hunting in the state of Colorado. Ive tried selling it but nobody wants it can't give it away

Howdy folks. Will the lock from a T/C Hawken also fit the Investarms Hawken stock? Oddly enough, I am in the same boat as Luke. Have the rifle but would prefer another barrel. Someone gave the gun to me after it had been sitting in a barn for a few years and the barrel is junk and the hammer won't stay cocked. Thanks for asking the question Luke. That was also on my mind as well.
Track said their GM barrels will fit

What’s the going rate for the GM barrels? I have a new one in .50 1/66 that I might part with.

Does he have a web site? Can't seem to find it. I may send him a Fast twist 1-20 .45 XTR Black Diamond barrel and have him rebore it to a 1*66 .50 cal. Yeah, Yeah, I know we don't mention the dirty inline word here, but I hate this barrel it only shoots Sabots well and I can't use it for hunting in the state of Colorado. Ive tried selling it but nobody wants it can't give it away

Mr. Hoyt doesn't have a website. You either have to phone or write to him. Some just send their barrels with a note of what they want done. He sends invoice with your barrel when he sends it home to you.

Depends on what you have and what you want done. He bores barrels out bigger. He sleeves barrels to be smaller. He can make smoothbores or probably any twist you could want - slow or fast. His contact info is:

Bobby Hoyt
Freischutz Shop
2379 Mt Hope Rd
Fairfield, PA 17320
ph# 717-642-6696

Call him at the start of the day, and let it ring for a while. Good luck!

One other thought is, you could take a Great Plains Rifle roundball twist barrel and remove the two barrel lugs and add one where it needs to be for your wedge slots and be good to go. Or you could inlet the existing lugs into the barrel channel where they'd be harmlessly out of the way in case ya might want a Great Plains Rifle in the future.

Latest posts

Back