• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Investarms .54 Caliber Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Asking $600 shipped. Not sure but the rate of twist is 1:48 based off the typical twist rate of the Lyman (Investarms is now sold under the Lyman brand).
LOP is 14"
Overall length 45"
Barrel length 29 1/2"
Measured on my not completely accurate home scale it weighs in at 9 pounds.

Was a kit my dad built quite a while ago. I have no idea if he ever fired it or not. Bore is bright, no pitting or rust.

One small scratch on side flat but I don't see any other marks. Other than that there's some dust on it showing in the pictures that I haven't cleaned off yet.

Investarms1.jpg

Investarms2.jpg

Investarms3.jpg

Investarms4.jpg
Investarms5.jpg

Investarms6.jpg

Just did another search, looks like I've been asking too much for this rifle. Oops.
Price reduced to $465 shipped.

I have two GP both are 1:60
I changed the twist to 60 but the 1:32 is on barrel for sabot rifles. Google lyman

Last edited:
Easy to check rate of twist. With a tight fitting oiled patch on the ramrod jag, run it down the barrel till it stops. Put a piece of tape on the rod at the muzzle with a witness line drawn on the tape lined up with the sight. Pull the rod out and count the revolutions of the mark and measure the distance. This gives you the distance for 1/2 rotation. Multiply this distance by two and you will have your twist rate. If you happen to have a short barrel and a very slow twist rate of, say 1:66 or 1:70, you can measure a 1/4 rotation and multiply by 4 to get the twist rate. I'd do this several times to make sure that you have the measurement right. In case my memory is cloudy, here is a post about that.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/measuring-rate-of-twist-in-your-rifle.51176/

i own 6 investarms hawken 2 50 calibers 2 .54 calibers and 2 .58s all with 28 inch barrels double triggers all marked 1-48, the carbine versions ive seen had faster twists which ive had 3 of those in my hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back