• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Investarms .50 Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Up for sale, a right hand Investarms .50 caliber percussion Hawken half stock rifle. $320 plus shipping.
Common sense tells me that someone must have fired the rifle at some point in its history but I cannot find signs to prove it. I have not shot it yet. None of the screw heads show any signs of a screw driver.
It's the same rifle as listed as Model 190 on the Investarms website. Brass curved butt, patch box, nose cap, trigger guard, barrel wedge and ram rod barrels. Color hardened hammer and engraved lock plate. Adjustable double set triggers. The brass cleaning jag is still in its holder in the patch box, from the factory.
Adjustable rear sight. Front sight is the Investarms' style blade with a fine bead.
28 1/2" barrel, 15/16" across the flats. No pits in the still quite blue rifling. The muzzle has a nice angled crown for patched ball. When you run patches down the bore your can feel the cut edges on the rifling. In other words it is factory fresh.
I've measured the rate of twist a couple of times and come up with consistent results: It definitely is cut as one turn in 62".
Sale can only be made within the USA and only to states where allowed. The rifle will be disassembled for shipping to help prevent damage. With excessive zeal in cushioning protection.
Will try to get pictures posted this weekend. If there is anything in particular you would like to see please send a PM. I can try for the bore but not having a borescope I am not hopeful of what I can accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back