• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Introduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redcow

32 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings from Texas! I joined the forum a couple weeks ago and have quietly sit back and never thought about introducing myself until today. I began shooting muzzleloaders in 1981 at Rebel Arms with the Pasadena Muzzleloaders. In 1982, I made my first trip to Brady, Texas to shoot with the Texas Muzzleloading Rifle Assn. I am a life member of the TMLRA. In 1986, I made my first trip to Friendship, Indiana. By 1994, I was into my 6th trip to Friendship. I’ve been a member of the NMLRA since ~1983 and I am a Life Member of the NMLRA. I have also shot with the Greenwood Long Rifles in Brazoria, Texas. My shooting interest are flint round ball bench, slug guns, flint cross sticks, flint chunk guns and flint off hand shooting. I prefer my muzzle loaders to have Ken Bresien barrels, false muzzles and peep sights. So, as you can see, my preference for a muzzle loader really doesn’t fit the “traditional” category. Please recognize I will not post many comments because I know little to nothing about the history or the features of the different schools of rifles or building them. I enjoy reading the forum comments and will be happy to quietly sit in my corner of the world and remain silent! My wishlist for more toys would be sealed ignition bench guns and sealed ignition cross stick guns (Belle Precision light action or similar). All of my previous sealed ignition guns were sold when I switched to flint guns! Thanks for reading my introduction!🐮

Howdy from the Piney woods area of Tejas ! up in Miranda land. sounds like you do some fun shooting so dont be shy to share about it !! Chunk guns / bench guns etc welcome here !!

Greetings from Texas! I joined the forum a couple weeks ago and have quietly sit back and never thought about introducing myself until today. I began shooting muzzleloaders in 1981 at Rebel Arms with the Pasadena Muzzleloaders. In 1982, I made my first trip to Brady, Texas to shoot with the Texas Muzzleloading Rifle Assn. I am a life member of the TMLRA. In 1986, I made my first trip to Friendship, Indiana. By 1994, I was into my 6th trip to Friendship. I’ve been a member of the NMLRA since ~1983 and I am a Life Member of the NMLRA. I have also shot with the Greenwood Long Rifles in Brazoria, Texas. My shooting interest are flint round ball bench, slug guns, flint cross sticks, flint chunk guns and flint off hand shooting. I prefer my muzzle loaders to have Ken Bresien barrels, false muzzles and peep sights. So, as you can see, my preference for a muzzle loader really doesn’t fit the “traditional” category. Please recognize I will not post many comments because I know little to nothing about the history or the features of the different schools of rifles or building them. I enjoy reading the forum comments and will be happy to quietly sit in my corner of the world and remain silent! My wishlist for more toys would be sealed ignition bench guns and sealed ignition cross stick guns (Belle Precision light action or similar). All of my previous sealed ignition guns were sold when I switched to flint guns! Thanks for reading my introduction!🐮
Welcome to the site, lots of good folks here.

Back