• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Into the West

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paco97

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just finished watching the fourth episode. I like the first two best with focus on Jacob Wheeler and his life heading west. What do you guys think?

Can't really say why but I lost interest in it after the second episode. May have been the chemestry of the actors. Something just didn't click for me anyway. The wife thought it was OK but neither of us really got into it. Some shows just grab ya and ya can't wait until the next episode, this one didn't for us. Of course this is only our opinion and others may have really enjoyed it. YMHS Birdman

That's a very interesting concept there, Old Charlie. It was the other way around for about three centuries if I recall. :hmm:

I didn't really like it. It seemed to be a lot of revisionist history and what historical references there were didn't fit with the historical record I've read. Also struck me as Forest Gump in buckskin.

I agree with Birdman. I could not get interest in it. I tried, I even bought the damn DVD set thinking that if I paid attention on a cold winter day I could get more into it. I just fall asleep. It would be great if they did a movie like this that focused primarily on Bridger and Smith. I think that would keep my attention.

Off topic - what ever happen to the New World Movie. Last I heard it was supposed to open Christmas Day. Did it open? Anyone see it?

I just watched the first two episodes last night and I must admit I was a bit bored. Two many characters coming in and out made it difficult to care too much about them. Also, it seems historically innaccurate. Once the sioux got the horse, i don't believe they ran buffalo over cliffs anymore. It was easier and more efficient to hunt them from horseback. Also, the idea of the Lakota waiting to obtain firearms is ridiculas. A warrior society would grab on to better weapons whenever they presented themselves.
Over all I think it is terribly politcally correct, it is not historical. One more thing, how does Jed Smith cross the Sierra Nevadas and end up with the Mojave indians. Look at a map to see how riduculous that is. I could go on but I think you all understand

Hota said:
Off topic - what ever happen to the New World Movie. Last I heard it was supposed to open Christmas Day. Did it open? Anyone see it?

Have seen ads on tv for it. Premiered in LA and NY on Christmas day, opening everywhere January 13th (?).

Back