• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Intervention please!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s too late for me now!
I have a 14ga flint Fowler, and a .50 Pedersoli Frontier. Both spark great and there is no going back. I just bought 5 lbs of real black, and I now have close to 150 various sized English flints, including some really nice musket flints, maybe I should keep my eyes open for a nice flint musket?

It’s too late for me now!
I have a 14ga flint Fowler, and a .50 Pedersoli Frontier. Both spark great and there is no going back. I just bought 5 lbs of real black, and I now have close to 150 various sized English flints, including some really nice musket flints, maybe I should keep my eyes open for a nice flint musket?
Once you begin building. Your journey over to the dark side will be complete !
Muahhhhahahahah😂
Get your first kibler!

Once you begin building. Your journey over to the dark side will be complete !
Muahhhhahahahah😂
Get your first kibler!
Using flint locks more and more is hardly going to the dark side. The use of a flint lock is more akin to the acknowledgement that mastery of the shooting of a flint lock is more akin to coming into the light of a work of art rather than exploiting the technology of a percussion ignition.

Using flint locks more and more is hardly going to the dark side. The use of a flint lock is more akin to the acknowledgement that mastery of the shooting of a flint lock is more akin to coming into the light of a work of art rather than exploiting the technology of a percussion ignition.
Torrie scum!😝

I am a little afraid to start in with a flintlock as there are a lot of variables to them.
The flinters tend to go off every time VS the cap guns.
Put the right amount of powder in the pan and it will go off every time.
I shot a lot of cap guns, ever had one in the 70s. Shot one flinter, bought the first one (production gun Pedo) Learned it was too much work to keep fixing a store bought gun, made one in 2005, and have not had to fix anything on it, and it fires every time.

Phil Coffins tells truths.
In my limited experience with flintlocks, I have only had three. The lock makes ALL the difference. Only experience can prove this, but everyone tries to find that extra special CVA, Traditions, T/C flintlock that proves the exception to the rule. Good strong locks, and good hard frizzens make all the difference.

I have a Chambers Isaac Haines, and a Chambers Gentleman's rifle. Both are .54s. Can't recommend them enough.
Accurate and reliable. Good sparking locks. Took a rifle building class from Jim, and later a stock carving class from him.
I learned a lot of the nuances of these earlier rifles from Jim. Plus his daughter Barbie is an excellent cook!
Although I am a professional 'smith, the quality of the kits has made a couple of people say "You built that?!"
Just remember, a lot of fire comes out of the flash hole, so it may be kind to put a flash fence on your rifle, if shooting in close quarters. Shot my Haines at night and saw four feet of flame come out of the touch hole!

Back