• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Interesting Old Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44-henry

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Found this at a garage sale this morning for a buck. I haven't been able to find out much about it. The blade is heavily stamped "Nothing My Equal 1796 Prussia". The blade is about 6 1/2" long, the bolsters are not integral with the blade but are steel and the tang is tapered. The handles are held on by small brass pins centered in thin brass washers. The handles look like ebony, but I think they are just a dark stained wood. The only info I can find is from Levine who felt they were very cheap trade knives of the mid to late 19th century, he didn't have a very high opinion of them, but this one looks to be decent quality and feels good in the hand. I'm curious if anyone here has more info about it.

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

I googled "Nothing my equal, prussia, knife" and came up with several - but they all had a crown in the middle of the handle scale.

One did identify the maker as "Henry Sears and Son" of Prussia. He was asking $31.99 but the condition of yours looks better.

I do not want to advertise other forums but the one I am going to suggest is of no competition to this forum.

Go to Knifeforums.com and ask there as there are a lot of guys who really know their stuff.

It is where Mike Stewart hangs out at. He is the owner of Bark River Knives and he and his friends there know their stuff.

That is a very good looking knife and I would love to have one like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back