• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Inletting black

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite for inletting barrels is those large children's crayons . The are not messy and once applied it stays on the metal until the job is done. Only slight draw back is ya need acetone to remove the crayon from the metal.........oldwood

I've always used Permatex Prussian Blue...it's applied quickly, isn't absorbed into the wood, is easy to remove from the hands {only a paper towel is req'd}, does an excellent job of "spotting" whether on metal or wood and disappears w/ the final sanding......Fred

IF you use a solvent to "clean the wood" the blue color will soak into the grain. You will have a Smurf stock.

I use big fat markers for most of my inletting. The marker color is pressure sensitive. IT will not show false high spots bases on light contact. IT is also not messy.
I have used the big markers on three builds and will use it again on my John Armstron build. Always worked well for me.

Back