• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Initial Kibler Woodsrunner sight in.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to do an initial sighting in of my Woodsrunner. I put a taller front and rear sight on it to be able see better. I had to do a lot of filling in order to get close. I didn't start shooting muzzleloaders until about three years ago. I don't consider myself a good shot but I enjoy it. This gun shoots better than I can shoot it. We put 20 rounds through it and I noticed it didn't get what I call a fowling ring in the barrel. Each time I loaded it, it went down smoothly. I used a 530 RB and a .15 patch with 65gr of 3f behind it. I started at 25yrds and then 50. I was getting late, I was getting tired, so I decided one more shot at a new target. My friend that was with me is eighty years old and shoots left handed took a shot also. He's been a gun builder for many years and gave his approval of my Woodsrunner. Next time I'm going to try and do some fine tuning.

Attachments

• IMG_2939.jpeg
    IMG_2939.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2940.jpeg
    IMG_2940.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2941.jpeg
    IMG_2941.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2932.jpeg
    IMG_2932.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Looks great and shoots on paper. I would play with powder and get some .535 rb try them also. My feeling for me would be .535 and .15 patch. My smr shoots better with 445 than 440. Just a thought from an opinionated ole knot head. Last target shown is lookin good 👍.

Very nice job on that gun. I had similar results with my Woodsrunner. With .530 RB I had to go to .020 patch and got much better results. So far I ended up using 70 grains of Swiss 3f powder. When I get a .535 RB mould I am going to try those with .015 patch.

It is fun working out loads for these guns. Way better than the unmentionables. I really like the way my Woodsrunner shoulders.

Very nice job on that gun. I had similar results with my Woodsrunner. With .530 RB I had to go to .020 patch and got much better results. So far I ended up using 70 grains of Swiss 3f powder. When I get a .535 RB mould I am going to try those with .015 patch.

It is fun working out loads for these guns. Way better than the unmentionables. I really like the way my Woodsrunner shoulders.
Thanks! I'm like you this gun shoulders better than any rifle I have. I like the taller sights with it, it helps me get a quicker sight picture. I'll try the thicker patching and and some .535 RBs with it when I can get back to the range.

Back