• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inherited muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davecarter

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have inherited from my brother some muzzleloader stuff.
He was more of a collector than a shooter.
I would appreciate some help in determining values before offering them in the classified section. I am trying to follow the website rules.
I also posted this in the percussion rifle forum.
This is the list – all seem to be CVA:
A finished Kentucky rifle .45 cal – approximately 49 inches long
An unfinished kit – Hawken .50 cal – 44 inches long –
This probably should be considered parts, as I do not know if the kit is complete.
2 Kentucky pistol kits in original package.
1851 Colt Navy kit in original package.
New Orleans Ace kit with 2 barrels
New Orleans Ace finished pistol
I hope the pictures are sufficient. I will try to add more in the ads.
I do not want this to appear as a scam.
Also how is the best way to handle payment.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_9069.JPG
    IMG_9069.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9071.JPG
    IMG_9071.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9072.JPG
    IMG_9072.JPG
    453.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9075.JPG
    IMG_9075.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 0
Look at gunbroker.com and see what similar guns are selling for these days. You might be surprised. Muzzleloaders are kind of a tough sell unless there is something really unusual about them.

I have inherited from my brother some muzzleloader stuff.
He was more of a collector than a shooter.
I would appreciate some help in determining values before offering them in the classified section. I am trying to follow the website rules.
I also posted this in the percussion rifle forum.
This is the list – all seem to be CVA:
A finished Kentucky rifle .45 cal – approximately 49 inches long
An unfinished kit – Hawken .50 cal – 44 inches long –
This probably should be considered parts, as I do not know if the kit is complete.
2 Kentucky pistol kits in original package.
1851 Colt Navy kit in original package.
New Orleans Ace kit with 2 barrels
New Orleans Ace finished pistol
I hope the pictures are sufficient. I will try to add more in the ads.
I do not want this to appear as a scam.
Also how is the best way to handle payment.
Thanks for your help.
removed

Last edited:
It’s kinda hard to price other people’s stuff. I think value would depend on how much someone is willing to pay. And what you are considering getting for them. I’ve seen the little single shots New Orleans Ace on gunbroker. They started at $150 but no one’s bid on them for about a week. Seen the CVA pistol kits go on ebay (when a seller gets away with it) for $95 all the way up to &225. And a bunch in separate parts. It’s really up to you. You can list them for a price. OBO if you think it might scare potential buyers away.
Just my two pennies!

It’s kinda hard to price other people’s stuff. I think value would depend on how much someone is willing to pay. And what you are considering getting for them. I’ve seen the little single shots New Orleans Ace on gunbroker. They started at $150 but no one’s bid on them for about a week. Seen the CVA pistol kits go on ebay (when a seller gets away with it) for $95 all the way up to &225. And a bunch in separate parts. It’s really up to you. You can list them for a price. OBO if you think it might scare potential buyers away.
Just my two pennies!
Thank you. Every little bit helps.
All of this has certainly been an education for me.
The OBO price is a good idea, but I have to have an idea of where to start.
I came to this site because I would prefer that they go to people that are really interested in it.

Go to the top of page, there's an envelope. If you have a message it should have a dot on it. To start a conversation, touch or click on the person's picture/name. Menu pops up, START CONVERSATION will be there.
Oh and before you go any further, write your handle or your name on a piece of paper with the item(s) you are listing. That proves you have the item in your possession.

Thank you. Every little bit helps.
All of this has certainly been an education for me.
The OBO price is a good idea, but I have to have an idea of where to start.
I came to this site because I would prefer that they go to people that are really interested in it.

Put what you think what you want, if it does not sell you are not out anything since posting is free and no commission to pay.

My 2cents. The New orleans Ace kit $100, not much more finished. The CVA Pistols 200-250. The CVA Hawkin kit 300-350 and the finished CVA Kentucky rifle $250-300. There are lots of those out there.The CVA Hawkin kit maybe ask $375 and see what happens. You can only advertise one item at a time in the classifieds, and ,make sure you read all the posting rules.

Latest posts

Back