• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Information on Russian cannon 1760's-1867 Alaska

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullwnkl

32 Cal.
Reaction score
As a kid growing up in the SE Alaska town of Sitka I had the occasion to play upon many of the old cannon scattered about the town. I recall at least ten possibly more. There was a brief mention of the cannon from the Russian frigitte Neva in my Alaska history books but there is no mention of cannon size or history of the piece. It would be quite interesting to have a history avaliable. At least one battery was used against the Klinget indians in 1802. The Russians tied several tribal members together and fired a shot through them to see how many natives a cannon ball would go through. A history of these cannon would be very interesting indeed.

Bullwnkl.

Back