• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Information needed .36 Percussion Pistol Maker unknown

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, can anyone tell me who made this? I know it is a reproduction, probably Italian... A copy of a Colt Navy 1851 I think. Maybe Uberti? How can I tell without taking it apart? It has no makers marks.

Attachments

• BP Pistol.jpg
    BP Pistol.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 56
Hello, can anyone tell me who made this? I know it is a reproduction, probably Italian... A copy of a Colt Navy 1851 I think. Maybe Uberti? How can I tell without taking it apart? It has no makers marks.

If there are no visible makers marks, logo's, etc. it's going to be rather difficult to determine who actually made it. Does it have the Italian proof marks and date code? What about an importer name? There were several small companies that got a share of the market in the 1960's and 70's before either dropping out or being absorbed by other firms. If there are no marks at all it was most likely a kit gun and whoever built it removed them during the finish process. Not likely to be any internal marks that would help either

We need better (and more) pictures. Also look under the loading lever, some makers put the markings there.

Show us a photo of the other side where the stamps are,,

If there are no visible makers marks, logo's, etc. it's going to be rather difficult to determine who actually made it. Does it have the Italian proof marks and date code? What about an importer name? There were several small companies that got a share of the market in the 1960's and 70's before either dropping out or being absorbed by other firms. If there are no marks at all it was most likely a kit gun and whoever built it removed them during the finish process. Not likely to be any internal marks that would help either
[/QUOT
Ah. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back