• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

information about 38 caliber Alamo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 38 caliber (Richland Arms) Alamo rifle, percussion fired. I believe at one time the NRA had this rifle in gold furniture as a commemorative, however this rifle has brass furniture. The rifle is blued and has a primer protector on the nipple.
Has anyone any information on this rifle? Thanks

Update. I have found Pedersoli made a 36 caliber Alamo commemorative for Texas celebration of troops that fought at the Alamo, the carvings furniture looks the same. This rifle is from 1976 or earlier. Since hardly any records are available for Richland Arms, information is not available for The Richlands Arms Alamo commemorative.
I thought maybe some old timers might be on this sight that has run across this Alamo rifle in their travels. It shoots well with a 36 ball and .20 patch, but it shoots better with .365 mold I made and ..15 patch, 28 grains of Dupont FFFG, yeah, I still have some Dupont powder, Cheers

I believe that Richland arms was bought out by Pedersoli. Pedersoli makes a "Alamo" rifle in percussion with a silver star on the lock plate.

That explains a lot as this rifle has a silver star on the stock also. I have some Richland Arms and they don't have the quality this rifle has. The factories in Italy are closely related and the quality control has improved, with some intervention from American dealers and contracts.
Thanks

Richland arms was an importer located in Blissfield, Michigan. They did not make the guns they sold and they went out of business in 1994.

Yep, I am familiar somewhat with Richlands history, as well as Euro Arms. I was in Germany in 1971 , bought my first revolver that was manufactured in Italy. It remains a good shooter although I have had to repair it several times through the years. Initial cost was $29.00 American. My first stainless steel 1858 Army revolver is a stamped A. Uberti & C.Gardone V.T. Italy $85.00 American: year 1982. Some of the original Italian black powder arms has become old timers within their own right. Some were cheap and not very reliable and some were made that performed well. 1970 Zouave without bayonet lug has shot for 48 years, the first deer it shot was way overkill.
Any way, just testing the waters for information on this Alamo. Traded for it in 1985 and the .38 caliber just seemed odd. Plus I am sure I saw it in the American rifle magazine as a commemorative with gold furniture; and forget when , just one sign of age. Cheers

I just found one in .38, on the top flat it's marked Richland Arms. On the left side marked Pedersoli. Production code is AI(1995), around .365 bore.
NW

Attachments

• 65965-Italian-Date-Codes.jpg
    65965-Italian-Date-Codes.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 0
Back