• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Info. on Jukar parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi
I wasn't sure if this is the place to ask this question? But I was told yeah, it'll be OK here.
I need a drum for a 1976/77 Jukar .45 cal. percussion pistol. I bought it back then, and in the process of restoring it, the drum and nipple got lost, so I need a new one. Can someone help? It doesn't have to be a brandie new one, just a decent one that will work, or can you tell me where to get one? Someone posted a Jukar parts source online about a year or so ago, but at the time I didn't need one and I've since lost the name.
Thank you guys.
God bless:
Two Feathers

The company your probably thinking of is Deer Creek.
I don't think they sell replacement drums but as the Jukar is very similar to the CVA rifles and the newer Traditions guns they might have other parts to help you with any problems you have.

Track of the Wolf sells several drums with metric threads. One is a M8 x 1.25 and the other is a M10 x 1.25.
The M8 x 1.25 has a minor diameter of 6.37 mm or .250" and the M10 x 1.25 has a minor diameter of 8.65 mm or .349" (or thereabouts as there are several metric threads used in Europe.) If you can figure out what the existing thread in the barrel is, one of them might fit. Check this link out.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/809/2

Thanks Jim
As a machinist, I think I have the thread pitch gauges I need to figure the thread and inside mics. for the hole diameters? I'm not terribly great on the Metric thing, but I'll figure it out. Thanks for the link and the info. Now I just have to do the figuring? If worst comes to worst, I can re-tap the drum hole in the barrel.
God bless:
Dave

Jukar is the factory in Spain that made the rifles for CVA in the 70's before they started putting CVA on the barrels. Like Zonie said, the CVA's and Traditions are both made in Spain and have the same thread size on the drum. The thread size is M10 x 1.25
Neither CVA or Tradition ever made a replacement drum, but after market drums are available on ebay at the link below:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193216890480

The drum will still need some fitting to line up with the hammer.
I hope this helps,

Scott

Scott
Yup.. this helps tremendously!!! I was just about to go try to determine the thread size on the drum hole in my barrel. THANK YOU!!!! I'm a machinist, but Metrics have always been my downfall. Thank you very much again.
God bless
Two Feathers
Jukar is the factory in Spain that made the rifles for CVA in the 70's before they started putting CVA on the barrels. Like Zonie said, the CVA's and Traditions are both made in Spain and have the same thread size on the drum. The thread size is M10 x 1.25
Neither CVA or Tradition ever made a replacement drum, but after market drums are available on ebay at the link below:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193216890480

The drum will still need some fitting to line up with the hammer.
I hope this helps,

Scott
Scott
Just ordered it, thanks again.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I have been having fun with a CVA colonial pistol. it was missing a couple of the screws. being made in Spain, I thought they would be metric, but they ended up being 12-32, and 8-36 threads. it would have been quicker if I had the correct dies, but for a one time.... job, I didn't want to wait for the shipping. and turned them out of an old bronze/unknown??? bolt that was laying around.
I tried a few different metric threads from the hardware store, and none had a good fit. where my made in house fit like a glove.
wish you good luck in determining the correct thread pitch..
"I left the tang screw head a little long, need to fit the barrel and trigger plate to get the correct length..."

Attachments

• tang screw.jpeg
    tang screw.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 16
Scott
Yup.. this helps tremendously!!! I was just about to go try to determine the thread size on the drum hole in my barrel. THANK YOU!!!! I'm a machinist, but Metrics have always been my downfall. Thank you very much again.
God bless
Two Feathers

Scott
Just ordered it, thanks again.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Scott
I might have screwed up??? I just ordered that M10X1.25 Drum, and Finally I got to check my barrel? I get 7/16"-20 with my inside mics. and my thread pitch gauge? I know that is VERY close to an M10X1.25 bolt thread, so maybe I'll be OK?
NO one ever machined the threads so I have NO idea why it miced out that way? Guess we'll find out in a few days when it gets here. I didn't order the one in the link. I didn't really need the flash guard, since it's a pistol, so I checked out one on TOTW from another link that a member sent me. It was $8.00 cheaper, so I got that one. Thank you.
Two Feathers

The 1.25 mm pitch is almost exactly 20 threads per inch but the 10 mm is .044 smaller than 7/16" so, don't get out your taps yet and start rethreading the hole. 3/8" is the largest thread size offered by Track of the Wolf except for the 10mm thread on the drum they offer in that size.

Two Feathers,
Great, I hope it works for you. We have been including a Spitfire nipple and flash cup with our replacement drums, seeing as the CVA uses a 6mx1 threaded nipple, so that you don't get the wrong size nipple for the new drum.
Scott

Two Feathers,
Great, I hope it works for you. We have been including a Spitfire nipple and flash cup with our replacement drums, seeing as the CVA uses a 6mx1 threaded nipple, so that you don't get the wrong size nipple for the new drum.
Scott

Scott:
Thank you. Do you own a parts company? I may need more things in the future? I don't shoot anymore since my stroke. But I still LOVE making knives and accoutrements.
I don't have a nipple for this drum, so I'll need to buy one. I bought the drilled 10mmX1.25 drum from TOTW. Do you know what nipple thread that one takes? If you do, and you sell them, I'll probably just buy it from you?

As for the flash cup, I really associate those more with rifles where your face is right there in the ignition, plus I shoot rifle Left handed, even thought I'm Right handed. That's the reason I didn't buy the drum from eBay, I didn't need the flash cup on a pistol, so why pay the extra? I probably only saved the price of the nipple? So I'll have to spend that anyway?
Thanks to all the great folks here on the MLF for your help with this.
God bless:
Two Feathers

By looking on Track of The Wolf's website, the drum you bought looks to have the correct 6m x 1 thread. You could have gotten the blank one and drilled and tapped it to what ever thread you wanted, but I always recommend using the same factory thread that came with the rifle originally, so that if you sell it later the next owner will not put in the wrong thread nipple.
Below is a link for our Spitfire Nipple.

Remember to order the 6mx1 threaded nipple Part# 14127

Thanks,
Scott Cain

Last edited by a moderator:
To all.

It's against the forum rules to post links to e-bay or a private company you own in the general areas of the forum.

Please use the Conversation PM's to send such information to other members.

Latest posts

Back