• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Inflation/fuel question?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a suggestion to all here. The best way to shut down a conversation is by simply not reacting to it. If it feels like a victory getting in the last word then its a pyrrhic victory. No one every won anything by getting in the last jab.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say one thing more and leave it at that. The following is included in every one of my bush knife listings on eBay:
My philosophy on making blades is to create ones that are for real world use. They may not be the prettiest to look at but they will perform when needed. Buy a "nicer" more expensive blade and never use it for fear of a scratch. Buy a cheaper one made overseas and always wonder if it will hold up. Buy mine and have peace of mind.
I tried to use ebay ysaers ago and paid for an ad to try and sell a fishing rod. not one response to the ad. It just does not work.

One Bad Experiance was all I needed to tell me not to make the same mistake over and over and over. 100 Blades? That soulds like a Knife business. I might have 3 or 4 good knives, a couple every day use for everything, some kitchen knives, a dive knife and a fillet knife. I have an assortment of 10,000 different things from all my life packed up in boxes. just about everything ins one of a kind and mostly antiques. If I had to pay even a Dollar to sell an item it would not make scence on E Bay. I had some nice rifles, shotguns and other sporting goods. some sold, some traded for other stuff that I could use. all my personal property, not a business. no different that trying to sell a Toaster Oven ( Yea I have one of those also) and ebay got their pantys in a bunch. have thousands of diffent outboard motor parts from back when I used to have outboards. Would gladly trade them all for a nice modern gun and Ebay wont even allow trades. Even Amazon used o be able to sell your College Books and Records and Toys, then they started banning Toys unless you paid extra to be an autorized sell. now they want all kinds of personoanl info like SSN just to sell a book or record or fishing , boating stuff. They have no right to that personal info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taxes boat, So they can be tracked as too income bye the IRS, thanks joe.

But it is NOT Income, it is selling stuff that I bought with money that I earned working that I already paid income taxes on and most of the stuff I also paid Sales Taxes on. some Items I also pay yearly Excise Taxes on. So that would be Double Taxation and Taxation without representation and we all know how that Tea Party ended when they fell into the Harbor. Would just as soon trade for frivolus things like Food and Fuel anyway. of course a brace of nice LeMatts would be gladly accepted, I have always wanted one.

Last edited:
I would wager the IRS and old joe looks at it like taxes, and would consider it income.
From what I am seeing, that is exactly what is happening. Any inflow to a citizen will be considered "taxable income". Governments are becoming more and more desperate for money.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they are considering a version of the VAT that they have in the U.K.
Black markets are going to be exploding onto the scene.

Last edited:
Two Feathers

It is quite obvious that people like your product and the quality of it. You approach your business in an honorable manner and it shows.

Raise your prices to the level you feel you need to handle the existing price increases, and a little bit more so that you dont have to constantly raise your prices as material cost increase.

Your customers will let you know if you are over pricing your products. They simply will not sale. It is not like you are going to have to produce and sell 10,000 units to figure that out.

Only you know what your time is worth, that is your single biggest item you are really selling.

I have a good buddy that has been very successful in business. He owned part interest in a distillery. The other owners were the family that started the distillery. He told them that they were not in the whiskey making business, they were in the money making business. They started the company for their passion in creating a product that people enjoyed and yes to make some money as well. My buddy invested in the company to make money. He did not have a passion for distilling alcohol. They needed his capital and his business experience. Both were in the same business, but they both had different motivational factors.

I am retired from my regular job I do my "retirement" job to make money. If I was only looking for something to get me out of bed in the morning and money for coffee, my motivation would be different and I would charge less.

Good luck

Fleener

Two whole differnt subjects. Running a business is totally differt than selling your grandmas knick knacks and your kids old toys. Cant do a yard sale due to the plague and tourist season is over so their would not be any people to stop at a yard sale. Im on a busy road that has had a dozzen cars all day. The Canada border is closed so 75% of tourists could not even come down the last couple years anyway. A lot of canuck/ quebes like to buy stuff in Maine and then throw second hand things on top so they can go back thru customs and not get taxed on new stuff they bought. Anyone know of good free online classifieds fourms that actually work?

Alcohol made from a STILL and Sugar Beets, Corn Squeezing s and Tree sap, and Sea Weed. I think your onto something there. Tastes Great! More Filling. View attachment 94485
Your post reminded me of what I heard years ago," my uncle started drinking at a young age. he was told that whiskey would kill him if he didn't stop. Well, it finally did kill him but he was 105 years old. He wouldn't have died then if his still hadn't blown up".

My introduction into steel price increases was a shock. We had a $9K steel building installed on March 30th, 2021 on an open contract due to variable material prices. When i called in the credit card payment the company said i was lucky. Had I waited till April 1 the price would have been $12K!. They also said they only had material contracts to build thru August 2021 and were "done" after that. Anything made of steel seems to have skyrocketed yo the point that even a new car is out of the question. All of this has (and will continue to) inflate even the smallest ML rifle parts regardless of what they are made of. Just compare the prices in the last printed TOTW catalog to current online prices. Disrupting the enemies supply chain is one the oldest battle tactics.

Back