Infected, anyone else?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crane Senior

36 Cl.
Reaction score
"So there I was being injected, infected, and neglected."

Yup, short sighted administration policies leave many healthcare workers exposed to getting Covid-19 from each other. I am now officially on the, "you have been exposed to a colleague who has tested positive for Covid-19," as of late last week.
As of yesterday, I have a slight, dry, tight cough occasionally, and an increasing stiffness and pain in my neck and shoulders. The coworker spent the week prior to getting really sick complaining of neck and shoulder soreness.

Anyone else have it yet?

Bless you all. Stay safe,
Dave
So sorry to hear you may be affected. All the best to you as you go through this. God Bless.

Crane Senior

36 Cl.
Reaction score
My wife and I were tested for strep and flu. When they came back negative we were tested for covid which was positive. We are better, but weak and still under quarantine.
Glad to hear you’re on the mend. Hang in there.

Baxter

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Unless your in the area in the hospital where they have someone that has CV19, your probably safer in the hospital than you would be anywhere else.
That is seldom true, Zonie. In my 38 years of clinical, hospital and skilled nursing home practice, I never once advised a patient that he/she was "safer" in a hospital or clinic., especially in a lobby or within patient-care areas.
I am not bashing our health-care facilities, but they certainly are not "germ free" places, just perhaps "selectively" germ-free and in many cases, those "selected out" microbes are very likely very dangerous for the people coming in for care.
My hospital lobby is also my clinic's lobby. From that lobby, I travel about 100 paces into the hospital proper to the ambulatory care section.
At 76 10/12 years of age, and with my prevIous medical experience, I am acutely aware of Covid-19 infection being a >85% probable death outcome for me, especially if intubated, then the risk is >98%.

My apology to Dave for possibly diverting his string.

arjay

Pilgrim
Reaction score
"Short sighted" is a gross understatement, it's been a total clusterf--K.
Hope you are now quarantined.
Best wishes, hang in there and stay positive.
Of course! I completely forgot; #orangemanbad.

Juice Jaws

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score

Yup, short sighted administration policies leave many healthcare workers exposed to getting Covid-19 from each other. I am now officially on the, "you have been exposed to a colleague who has tested positive for Covid-19," as of late last week.
As of yesterday, I have a slight, dry, tight cough occasionally, and an increasing stiffness and pain in my neck and shoulders. The coworker spent the week prior to getting really sick complaining of neck and shoulder soreness.

Anyone else have it yet?

Dave
Best of luck my friend. Thoughts and prays are with you.

Whitworth

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Elk Ridge Mountain, Washington County Maryland
I have figured a lot of us are in the "danger zone" due to age and it's afflictions. I'm 69, have Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma and no Spleen due to the cancer so I'm high risk. Went and did some chainsawing this morning for neighbor lady, twice widowed by cancer, she's a nurse and looks out for me like a big sister. She says just use common sense and wash your hands. Hopefully everyone will adapt the personal hygiene stands that they should have been practicing all along.
Good luck and speedy recovery to all.

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you dealing directly with this nasty disease. Also for those of you who are in a profession where you have to deal in an ongoing way with either those who might be sick or the general public. I have two sons in law whose jobs require the them to be working. One is a police officer. I worry about them and their families. We try to stay at our place as much as possible with little contact with others.

Teleoceras

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Broke:

Best of luck man! My plant has been shut down since March 23rd. Unfortunately, I found out at a coworker I knew did pass away from the virus last month. She had worked in my area until late last year before going to another part of the building. Real shame since she was a real sweetheart of a lady always with a smile and a hug. 😢

Brokennock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
That is seldom true, Zonie. In my 38 years of clinical, hospital and skilled nursing home practice, I never once advised a patient that he/she was "safer" in a hospital or clinic., especially in a lobby or within patient-care areas.
I am not bashing our health-care facilities, but they certainly are not "germ free" places, just perhaps "selectively" germ-free and in many cases, those "selected out" microbes are very likely very dangerous for the people coming in for care.
My hospital lobby is also my clinic's lobby. From that lobby, I travel about 100 paces into the hospital proper to the ambulatory care section.
At 76 10/12 years of age, and with my prevIous medical experience, I am acutely aware of Covid-19 infection being a >85% probable death outcome for me, especially if intubated, then the risk is >98%.

My apology to Dave for possibly diverting his string.
You are spot on about hospitals. If it were true that one is safer there, I wouldn't have it. My floor is supposed to be a "clean" floor. But that only means that our patients haven't tested positive. We have already had a few that needed a test in order to go back to their nursing home or rehab facility come back positive. They had no symptoms and until the test was ordered staff was working with them like any other patient. This means they were unknowingly going from a covid positive patient to the nurse's station, other patient rooms, the break room, etc.

wiksmo

40 Cal
Reaction score
Prayers lifted to God as you recover.
May it be really soon that you are well.

Skychief

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Gee Whiz Dave! I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have an idea of when the results should return? Prayers up for your return to good health. Please check in with us as often as you can.

Keep your chin up, Skychief.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Dave, prayers and good wishes for good health for you.

Grumpa

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Dave,
I am sorry for your exposure, hopefully you will not have the virus. I guess you are looking at 14 days of self-quarantine. Wife and I have been doing so much hiking in the woods, and walking around the neighborhood, that my previously "strained" ankle is swelling up, and I will have to stay at home for a bit. The range is closed, so I can't go shooting. Made my last visit to the grocers yesterday, told them they won't see me for 2 weeks.
Biggest hardship is not seeing much of the granddaughters, and not being able to hug and kiss them. We have all gone hiking and walks a time or two, but separate cars and maintaining "social distancing". Oh well, a little more Forum time.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay well and safe. Maybe this will be the years we get together?

Richard/Grumpa
That's me on the left.

Eterry

45 Cal.
Reaction score
You are spot on about hospitals. If it were true that one is safer there, I wouldn't have it. My floor is supposed to be a "clean" floor. But that only means that our patients haven't tested positive. We have already had a few that needed a test in order to go back to their nursing home or rehab facility come back positive. They had no symptoms and until the test was ordered staff was working with them like any other patient. This means they were unknowingly going from a covid positive patient to the nurse's station, other patient rooms, the break room, etc.
Broken, just to add some levity to this situation... my brother's mother in law always said "a hospital is No Place for Sick People!" 😁
You are still in our thoughts and prayers.
Et

Bigbore

32 Cal
Reaction score

Anyone else have it yet?

Dave
Well I guess no one else listens to Arlo Guthrie and his song Alice's Restaurant which is a great song to listen to and help to take your mind off of bad times.
My best wishes to you and hope you get well soon. I'm the 24/7 care giver to my father who turns 90 on Easter Sunday and keeping him safe is my biggest concern.

BillinOregon

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hoping all turns out well for our "positive" friends here.
At 67 with some asthma, I have to admit I am low-hanging fruit. Three cases so far in our county.

Capnball

40 Cal
Reaction score

Anyone else have it yet?

Dave
That's the first I've heard sore throat/neck pain as a symptom. How are you now?

Status
Not open for further replies.