Infected, anyone else?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokennock

62 Cal.
Reaction score
"So there I was being injected, infected, and neglected."

Yup, short sighted administration policies leave many healthcare workers exposed to getting Covid-19 from each other. I am now officially on the, "you have been exposed to a colleague who has tested positive for Covid-19," as of late last week.
As of yesterday, I have a slight, dry, tight cough occasionally, and an increasing stiffness and pain in my neck and shoulders. The coworker spent the week prior to getting really sick complaining of neck and shoulder soreness.

Anyone else have it yet?

Bless you all. Stay safe,
Dave

Brokennock

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Well THAT'S not good news. How often are they going to test you?
As of right now, as long as I stay home from work, as far as I know they are not.
No real point to it. The test is miserable, they don't have enough of them, and it isn't that accurate. Unless I get a lot more sick than I am now, and need medical attention, I'll be home in my room until I feel better.

Brokennock

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Dang it Broke, we warned you about groping those nurses! Really, though, we wish you the best for a full recovery. And we know it was the nurses groping you, you handsome ball of burning love! Nobody can resist the charm of a Connecticut Yankee, LOL! -PS- Maybe its the BUCKSKINS.
Thanks.

I have to go get tested in the morning. They only have 50 tests to use per day, they don't put some aside for staff, I'm hearing the line for the drive thru test is blocks long by 6am, they start at 08:00 and have the 50 done by 09:00

Baxter

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score

Yup, short sighted administration policies leave many healthcare workers exposed to getting Covid-19 from each other. I am now officially on the, "you have been exposed to a colleague who has tested positive for Covid-19," as of late last week.
As of yesterday, I have a slight, dry, tight cough occasionally, and an increasing stiffness and pain in my neck and shoulders. The coworker spent the week prior to getting really sick complaining of neck and shoulder soreness.

Anyone else have it yet?

Dave
I am sorry to hear that Dave. Stay safe, be well. Probably should have said those things a long time ago.
I leave my house once weekly for a visit to the hospital ambulatory care for IVIg infusions that require 4 hours. These are my only contact with the outside world and they are to the most dangerous place that I can think of, a hospital/clinic complex.

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that Dave. Stay safe, be well. Probably should have said those things a long time ago.
I leave my house once weekly for a visit to the hospital ambulatory care for IVIg infusions that require 4 hours. These are my only contact with the outside world and they are to the most dangerous place that I can think of, a hospital/clinic complex.
Unless your in the area in the hospital where they have someone that has CV19, your probably safer in the hospital than you would be anywhere else.

A week ago, my wife's heart started beating unusually fast. Her doctor examined her and told her to get to the emergency room at a local hospital.
Faced with this, I drove her there.
When we got there we were met by two hospital workers dressed in disposable gowns and face masks along with an armed guard (also decked out with a face mask).

After varifying that her doctor ordered her there (while we were still being kept outside), they put her into a wheel chair and took her inside. Under no circumstances would they allow me to go into the hospital with her. (She has an extreme fear of hospitals so I wanted to be with her to assure her that she was safe and no harm would come to her.)

I ended up going home, waiting for a phone call from her to find out how she was doing.
They stabilized her heart beat and got it back to normal and kept her overnight. After several tests the next day I brought her home and she's been fine since then.
This method of handling the general public tells me, if your in a hospital, you are probably safer than any other place outside your home. Much safer than going to the local grocery store.

Anyway, one of my car show friends works as a volunteer at a different local hospital so I asked him if they were treating people the same there. He said they were. Not only that but to keep their patients safe, they don't allow non-medical volunteer's into the hospital at all. Once again, this being done to prevent anyone that might have the virus from getting inside their buildings.

Looking at the bright side, with everyone staying home, even the traffic is light so your drive to the hospital is safer than it has ever been before. :)

Eterry

54 Cal.
Reaction score

Anyone else have it yet?

Dave
Broke, i'm so sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
My best friend's wife in Dallas, had fever, dry cough, general fatigue.
They tested her, 5 nerve racking days later she tested negative.
I'm hoping you'll do likewise.
A heartfelt Thanks to you and everyone who's on the Front Lines of this disaster the administration called a hoax.

rickystl

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Take care Dave. Our prayers are with you.

Rick

Brokennock

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Thank you Rick and Eterry.

Eterry, unfortunately the test's accuracy level is very low.
Also, I think, what they should be doing is testing for flu at the same time. It is the same nasal swab test and it might give answers to those who are so sick and the test comes back negative.

Eterry

54 Cal.
Reaction score
My friend's wife was tested for strep and flu BEFORE being tested for Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.