• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inexpensive Target System

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
So I am not endorsing this product. This post is to make folks aware of a possible accessory for a traditional black powder club OR for the lone traditional muzzleloader enthusiast who wants to shoot "interactive" targets. šŸ‘

( Mea culpa if this is deemed inappropriate. šŸ˜ž )

Folks often ask on our Forum about targets for a muzzleloader shoot, and the linked product appears to me to be a way of adding some targets to a club shoot, OR being able to use steel targets loaned from club members for a shoot. The system assumes that you are in an area where there is nothing but flat land, which makes it adaptable to other terrain, and allows for very quick set-up, and quick removal when done. ;)

FINALLY, the Promotional Video is worth watching all the way through, as although it does not feature traditional muzzleloaders, it is rather humorous. šŸ˜…

Hangin' Hooks Target System

LD

Huh, I just happen to have some 1ā€ conduit on the rack behind the barn...... One of these would have been cheaper than the two, single 10ā€ plate, rigs I have bought from Bass Pro over the past couple of Black Friday sales.

I have found that the metal frames used to hold up the political signs make a good "rack" for targets.Just make sure you get permission before removing them from peoples yards or you could be a target!

I have found that the metal frames used to hold up the political signs make a good "rack" for targets.Just make sure you get permission before removing them from peoples yards or you could be a target!
Like you, I save used political signs. Most these days are made of corrugated plastic and hold up well to weather. They also have their own wire frames. I just tape a paper target to them and shoot. Cheap (as in free) and you are doing the public a favor by removing them after the elections are over.

I have made use of an extra mudflap hanging brace to hold a piece of plywood as a portable target stand. Got it from autowreckers cheap, but can be found pretty much anywhere. Pic is from the internet, just cut off the loops on ends and stick in ground.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-093930_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-093930_eBay.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 48
I have a full size Ram silhouette made from 1/2 inch armor plate. We hang it with 1/4 inch chain from an old swingset frame. And still manage to tear the chain with muzzle loaders. Old farm discs are great for muzzle loader pistol targets but a real pain to drill a hole in for hanging.

Mildly entertaining video but a nice handy system. I make my own as the barn is full of everything I would ever need and I can peen some s-hangers out of 1/8ā€ x 1/2ā€ mild steel in a minute or two each.

Back