• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Indinan Trade Gun Nosecap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all:
Merry Christmas To All.

I am in the process of building a Pedersoli Indian Trade Gun. I am wondering if anyone has built any kind of trade gun, and installed a nose cap on thiers,?? I know they didnt have them, but was thinking of installing one, on my build.
Has anyone seen pics, or any documentation on a nose cap, on a trade gun,??? Your thoughts on the idea,???.
Thanks
Dave

The factory built Pedersoli Trade gun comes with a brass nose cap. I would assume the kit comes with one as well? Your build, your choice.
I haven’t seen a factory build ped trade gun with nose cap and can’t find an image of one. Do you have a pic? Curious how it looks.

1671912049690.png

Says made by Pedersoli, and supposed to have the serpent side plate

Oh ok you’re talking about the cut down Bess. I think the OP is referring to the pedersoli Indian trade gun

90B39235-9DD2-443E-B1D9-DE723DC9A06A.jpeg

Pedersolis take on the Northwest gun

Yes
I'm asking about the Pedersoli Northe West Trade Gun.
I do also have the mentioned Brown Bess Carbine. But I left the sea serpent off. So it sits on my bench.
Like I said I'm contemplating a nose cap on the N W Trade kit I'm building.

Hello all:
Merry Christmas To All.

I am in the process of building a Pedersoli Indian Trade Gun. I am wondering if anyone has built any kind of trade gun, and installed a nose cap on thiers,?? I know they didnt have them, but was thinking of installing one, on my build.
Has anyone seen pics, or any documentation on a nose cap, on a trade gun,??? Your thoughts on the idea,???.
Thanks
Dave
Nose caps were not standard issue on Trade Guns. But I doubt there's any other type that was more customized to personal taste. Rear sights, paint, tacks, nose caps, are all fair game, though not all periods were the same. As said, your gun, your money, make it like you like it. No right or wrong.

And Merry Christmas to all.

My Bad. I had seen the Pedersoli Trade Gun on Dixie's website while browsing. Did not realize there was a Trade Gun vs Indian Trade Gun distinction.
who else did they trade guns with ? but INDIANS? that should tell you something. jmho.

who else did they trade guns with ? but INDIANS? that should tell you something. jmho.
I was trying not to be the one that converted this thread into a 16 page (+/-) discussion on the distinctions between 'trade'' 'Indian trade' and 'North West trade' as I had just learned from the previous post that there were such distinctions. :ghostly:

I am still new to this forum, and have not yet found the thread discussing the useage of the 'Indian' moniker to describe the original inhabitants of the North American Continent vs the citizens of, or products produced in, a certain Asian region of the world that is located near to Pakistan. But I suspect there is one to be found here somewhere.

Back