• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

incidents not forgotten

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrichi

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was studying in my first P U.it was an early morning and I was at on my rounds in my small plantation. A jungle fowl was shouting in a high pitch of its voice, which caught my attention. I was searching for it under covered coffee plants.when suddenly I saw a shadow rubbing itself against a big tree. It was approximately 60 to 80 feet away from me.i concentrated a bit more and realised it was a big wild boar. It had just returned from the near by paddy field.i had a cap lock double, loaded with 6 LG balls in the right side barrel and shots in the left. It was busy in rubbing itself against the tree and had not noticed me.i took aim behind his front leg and shot.the load went off perfectly , creating a huge cloud of smoke.i ran towards the tree in a hurry to see him dead.but nothing was there, no dead boar, no blood trial.to my astonishment I found three lead balls had hit the tree above the shoulder level of the boar and three had hit the tree below the stomach level, without even harming the boar's hair.i cannot describe the disappointment I felt in words.i was so disappointed that I remember the incident even now after 25 years.

It was a moon lit night.i was at my home and my dogs were barking restlessly. I thought there may be hogs in the paddy field nearby. I tied my dogs and set off towards the paddy field.the same gun was loaded in the same way like while the above incident. The moon was shining faintly,while I scrawled under the thick bushes on the fence line and inspected the paddy field. As I had guessed, there was a big hog busy feeding in the field.but it was far out of the range.i decided to sit near the route they had entered, so that I could shoot it when it returns.i sat under a coffee plant which had well covered me.i was waiting him to return, pointing the gun hammers lifted towards the entrance.suddenly I heard sounds of twigs breaking behind me, before I could think about what had happened; another boar rushed towards the entrance in the fence.it stood just 3 or 4 feet away from me.it was a real big one, I saw his ears waving.his head was right before the muzzle. I had nothing to do except pulling the trigger.i was fully unaware of the danger at that time as I was just 16 and had no one to teach me.i had pulled the trigger with such a confidence , that I expected the boar dead before me.but just the cap went off with a small sound.the boar jumped forward with such a force that tightly pulled barbed wire of the fence broke off like a dry twig. The sound he made when he jumped at the fence, is printed in my mind and ear.
I will never forget these two incidents throughout my life.

Latest posts

Back