In honor of Independence Day I recorded a travel & history guide to the Battle of Yorktown

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Reaction score
I run The Educator Podcast: Walking History and I just visited the extremely well preserved and restored battlefield at the Battle of Yorktown. It was quite the experience. It's one thing to learn about important places and events in history from a book, but it's something else entirely to stand on the sites yourself and visualize the past happening around you.

In honor of Independence Day I decided to visit this battlefield and the surrounding area. In the episode I discuss the history and background of the battle in detail, and then talk about what it's like to visit the area today, how the terrain played a crucial role in the battle, and visitor information including cost and what you can expect to see when you go there. I hope you check it out! If you like it I've recorded a variety of other episodes on other historic sites, including many Civil War battles. Please consider rating and subscribing, it's the best way to help get word out about the show.

Walking History | The Educator Podcast

Reaction score
I run The Educator Podcast: Walking History and I just visited the extremely well preserved and restored battlefield at the Battle of Yorktown. It was quite the experience. It's one thing to learn about important places and events in history from a book, but it's something else entirely to stand on the sites yourself and visualize the past happening around you.

In honor of Independence Day I decided to visit this battlefield and the surrounding area. In the episode I discuss the history and background of the battle in detail, and then talk about what it's like to visit the area today, how the terrain played a crucial role in the battle, and visitor information including cost and what you can expect to see when you go there. I hope you check it out! If you like it I've recorded a variety of other episodes on other historic sites, including many Civil War battles. Please consider rating and subscribing, it's the best way to help get word out about the show.

Walking History | The Educator Podcast

The first one I listened to was the Battle of Balls Bluff, because it is a little known battle and we re-enacted it back in the early 1980's. I enjoyed your presentation very much. Looking forward to listening to more.

Gus

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, it was a battle I had never even heard of until I moved to the area, and it's pretty crazy to think that a sitting US Senator died on the battlefield. If you like the podcast please consider rating and subscribing at the link below, it's the best way to get the word out about the show.

Hope you enjoy the other episodes too.

Latest posts