• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Importing MLs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There's usually something intriguing for sale on here but haven't followed up on them simply because I don't know how much hassle to getting guns shipped to Canada by myself. I checked on getting a broker to do it, does seem pretty straight forward that way on my end.

I know that ITAR can be a difficulty and that MLs don't appear to fall under that.

Anybody purchased one privately and dealt with shipping themselves from the U.S. themselves? Checking on various forums, even when somebody reports a simple and easy transaction, somebody else chimes in with a horror story or "You were lucky get it done because.....".

A flintlock may be as simple as the seller sending it USPS. If it comes in the mail you wont be charged for brokerage.
A percussion may be different.
A pistol, I wouldn't try that. Its restricted

I sold an H&R underhammer, percussion and not a replica firearm, to one of our members in Canada with absolutly no problems at all. It was no more work (well a few minutes) than shipping it to someone here in Virginia would have been. USPS and bought the postage online. He did have to pay import duties to customs on his end.

I have brought in more than a dozen Colt, Remington, and S&W revolvers, all antiques of course. Have also had cartridge Sharps and Remingtons', as well as a percussion Sharps. Again all antiques. Only had a problem with a Remington-Hepburn in 40-50 cal.
As far as the rules go, is, you may have ANY flintlock shipped to you that you want. Old Ugly has the percussion and pistols of either persuasion right. One caveat though, if you have a RPAL you can get pistols and percussion rifles. With a plain PAL, just rifles. If you want anything except flinters', I would have them imported with irunguns.ca, or Prophet River Arms out of Lloydminster AB.
For full disclosure, I have never used either of them. Just word of mouth on canadiangunnutz.com Have always done my own importing, though it is getting harder, (paperwork, and I'm getting too old to mess with border guards that don't know/understand their own rules and regs).

Hope that helps you, my friend!
Later...

Back