• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Images from $20 "Wifi" 5mm Borescope/Endoscope

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldNo7

36 Cal.
Reaction score
The images below were taken this evening from a $20.00 ebay endoscope; the main difference versus a $14.00 one I got 4 years ago (off ebay), besides the price, being that this one is WiFi and easily connects to your Smart Phone. It has a 90-degree mirror, a small hook to maybe pull something small out, and a small magnetic pickup tool that could retrieve something small if its metal and the borescope can see it.

Here's the ebay Link to 5mm 8-LED WiFi Borescope-Endoscope Camera for iPhone/Android/iOS (Click for link)

The WiFi capability makes it EASILY PORTABLE -- so you could take this to the BP range, a rendezvous, or to gun shops or gun shows! The rechargeable battery pack is about the size of 2 AA batteries, and there's a small inline control with a bright/dim rolling switch for the LED lights and a button to take images. The images are saved to a folder within the App, but I went through all the ones I took and selected the best ones to keep, and then I took a screenshot of them for my phone's picture album. Not sure of how many images you can store on the App itself, but I will transfer them to the iPhone anyhow. It does still images or video.

The focal length of the 90-degree mirror is too long to be useful in a rifle barrel, but it seemed OK in a 12 gauge shotgun (no image of that below). The cable on this one is a little more stiff than the other one I have, but I don't think that's an issue. I can imagine some other automotive, plumbing or other household applications for this scope/camera, especially since all you need is a phone to use it. You do need to load a free App on your phone, but that loaded quickly -- and as far as I know, they're not using that to spy on me! (It is from "you know where" across the pond after all...)

Here's a tip. Pushing a clean cotton patch ahead of the borescope gives the LEDs something to reflect light back onto, adjusting the LED's brightness for the best view, and that helps you to view the lands and grooves without a mirror. Just be careful not to use a patch with a too heavy of a weave, or the reflection of that can look like pitting (as was noted on my 2015 posting with the other endoscope).

Here's the images...

T/C .50 Cal Renegade of mine:
Breech after cleaning
fEg0LRZ.jpg

Old Navy Arms .58 cal Zouave my twin owns:
You can see the pipe cleaner coming in from the nipple hole/bolster
(And yes, I need a .58 cal scraper to get the corners!)
g8Lzl0P.jpg

Yes, I may also need to use some JB Bore Polish about 3" above the breech as it's a little rough there...
zbt3MUd.jpg

It's a pretty neat tool, but of course, it's not "historically correct"...

Still, I hope this info helps someone out. Tight groups!

OId No7

Yeah that's about what I would expect.

$50 bore camera using the little mirror to check each rifling groove. Cotton ball helps reflect light back toward the camera so you can actually see the bore without dark shadows.

Back