• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'm back in

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
Been out of the game for quite a while (business/grandkids/other interests). Looking forward to being part of this group of like minded folks.
Attached a pic of a few rifles I've built in the past (like Hawken) :)
IMG_1636.JPG

Thanks
Glenn

Thanks for asking - All built in or around 2003 top to bottom

1. Great Plains .54 kit (for my son) - got lucky it has a real nice piece of walnut for a kit gun - I've been impressed with the quality of the Lyman kits - lot of rifle for the money

2. Track of the Wolf components - Black Walnut stock with L&R lock and triggers - 1 inch Douglas barrel 50 cal. Browned- Poured pewter fore stock cap - very good ball shooter

3. Track of the Wolf components- Curly Maple stock - Griffith Lock - L&R triggers- 1 inch Orion barrel 54 Cal. Browned - poured pewter fore stock cap - test fired it but has yet to be sighted in (I know sacrilegious) :)

4. Deer Creek northwest Kit - Plain Maple stock L&R lock (replaced original) - was told that Douglas made the barrels for these kits at the time 15/16 - 45 cal. browned barrel - Best ball shooter of the group and a proven deer slayer

Kozmo

Per your request

Thanks
Glenn

Attachments

• IMG_1620.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 48
Thanks-combination of different Hawkens I’ve seen mostly on track of the wolf site the poured pewter fore stock in my humble opinion is one of the easier pieces to execute - I’d rather do that than inlet same intricate pieces

Welcome from RI. Very impressive collection of rifles. You are indeed a craftsman. I particularly love number 1. With your talent get ready for some question, especially from the builders here. Again welcome and enjoy. Art

Latest posts

Back