• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I'll Bet You Haven't Seen One Of These Before

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked this one up last Saturday. I already have a Pedersoli 12 Gauge double and don't really need another shotgun. But I could not resist this one. The bore is shiny clean and the locks work perfectly with strong springs and bridled tumbler and sear.

Yesterday I just ordered a .690 ball mold for it just because it's something I have to try. :wink:

42979692712_9f130ea013_h.jpg

42979690202_79d1ecad25_h.jpg

43029818461_2d3bc96883_h.jpg

43029815431_0886d621bf_h.jpg

43029812891_7b81ef3c5c_h.jpg

43029810581_237052216a_h.jpg

43029808501_764d8b341e_h.jpg

28160869797_67a3667ae9_h.jpg

28160866627_7bc235c93f_h.jpg
[

28160863457_899aaad42d_h.jpg

28160861147_65e270634d_h.jpg

29157631038_af519d476f_h.jpg

Looks like a better example of an Indian made gun. Well inletted how does it feel when mounted ?

Heelerau said:
Looks like a better example of an Indian made gun. Well inletted how does it feel when mounted ?

Feels good Heelerau. A bit heavy in the muzzle, especially when compared to my Pedersoli. I may not want to use in in the dove field. :grin:

42935846622_5e69a84ab4_h.jpg

Britsmoothy said:
It is tight at .710". Yes it is. A typical 12 gauge barrel has an inside diameter of .729" This one appears to be .710" the full length of the bore. I can detect no choking at the muzzles.
Good find. I thought so also.
Let us know how it shoots. Will do.
What does it weigh? 8 lbs. 10 oz.
B.

I have one also, could be its twin.
Came with musket cap nipples, replaced with standard #11 nipples. My small game getter.
Really surprised about the quality of the locks.

snubnose57 said:
I have one also, could be its twin.
Came with musket cap nipples, replaced with standard #11 nipples. My small game getter.
Really surprised about the quality of the locks.

Same here Snubnose. The locks are outstanding, hefty internals with a bridle.

Have you by any chance shot balls from yours? My .690 Lee mold came in today. I need to cast a few dozen balls and throw some lead downrange.

What an interesting shotgun. While not usually a fan of doubles, I too would have a hard time passing this one up. The quality of inletting and finish look well executed, especially for a factory made gun. The finish of the barrels and locks looks like what I remember being a silver blue (?) Along with the color of stock stain is very attractive. Judging from the nipple area, looks like the gun was never fired (?)
I notice the barrels are stamped: NOT Nitro Proofed.
It being a 12 gauge makes me think they were made in India for export to the U.S. market back in the 1970's. Wonder if there is any historical information about the Company that made them ?
In any case, it's certainly an attractive looking shotgun.Never seen one before. Congratulations. Nice find.

Rick

nhmoose said:
As a muzzleloader they anticipated internet stuff that is why the not NITRO-PPROOFED.

That in itself shows there were idiots before the internet. :hmm:
Idiots are very resourceful people and can think their way around any amount of common sense!

B.

Glad it is not in my hands, as I would be very tempted to have the barrels cut just a bit to trim some ounces and adjust balance IF NEEDED. Then I would be tempted to mount a rear sight and make it the dedicated round-ball double if have always wanted.
Sure look forward to hearing how it shoots those .690s you have the mold for.

Me too Bill. I thought I might cast some balls today, which I do under my covered back yard patio. Stepped outside a little while ago - 93 degrees, 87% humidity. Ain't no way. :haha:

Semisane said:

Me too Bill. I thought I might cast some balls today, which I do under my covered back yard patio. Stepped outside a little while ago - 93 degrees, 87% humidity. Ain't no way. :haha:

:shocked2: you guys in the south n mid west are wayyy more manly than me :redface: I would DIE

azmntman said:
Semisane said:

:shocked2: you guys in the south n mid west are wayyy more manly than me :redface: I would DIE
Me too!

B.

I live in the low-humidity desert of New Mexico's Tularosa Basin, thank gosh, but my daughter lives and works in Iowa where -- thanks to the phenomenon known as "corn sweat" -- heat indexes are often well above 100 even with temps in the 80s. So, in this case, I would say Semisane is fully sane ...

I would be in inclined to remove the but plate and spade bit a cavity then set some minnies in there to adjust he balance rather than trim the muzzles. I did that with a custom .303 open sighted brush rifle I had custom made donkeys years ago and it mounts and points like a good shot gun. Might be some fun if ever I wish to get to the stock bolt !

Back