• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

If you were switching powder from Goex, what to....?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I mostly use Goex 3F and will continue until I run out. However, I will purchase a new batch for use after that. What brand should I be considering and why? I guess OE might not be around so what are the choices?

I mostly use Goex 3F and will continue until I run out. However, I will purchase a new batch for use after that. What brand should I be considering and why? I guess OE might not be around so what are the choices?

That is a hard one to answer, every gun can be different what works for one will not work for the other, experimenting is the answer. Now having said that, in these times of today that can get expensive. As of years past you could buy powder easy enough because of the availability and price, which made experimenting easier. If it were possible that you knew enough people that had the different powders you might ask for a small sample to try. I think it possible to get most powders to work with changes in patches and lubes, also with up or down in charges. Good luck .

I still have 3 pounds of Goex but quit using it several years ago.
Prefer Schuetzen & Swiss now...

However..I still would like to see GoeX come back.

1BP .jpg

I came across a place today from a tip that still had some powder today. I have used Swiss Goex and Old E. Just ordered some Schuetzen 3FG today to try. If it works for a Maniac it should work for me.

OE will not be around, as it is GOEX’s Premium Powder. Swiss or Schuetzen it is, I use and Swear By Swiss 2F

I seem to be collecting dead powder brands. I liked Black MZ and still have a bunch. Earlier this year I decided it would be wise to stock up on oe and graf's house brand by Goex. It will be a while before I burn all of that. When I do it will be whatever is commercially available or homemade, I guess.

What happened to KiK BP?

Imported, but from what I remember those who tried it had very favorable things to say

I'll second Kansas' sentiments. Once I run out of Goex, I'm going to buy whatever brand my local store has.

I talked to the clerk there the other day about this subject and he's of the opinion that Swiss will be the brand they stock.

Latest posts

Back