• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If you could have an original.........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you could have an original black powder handgun(s) in like new condition, what would it (they) be?

Me: A pair of Colt Walkers, a pair of Colt 3 Model Dragoons, a pair of Griswold & Gunnisons, and a pair of Tucker & Sherrard revolvers. As you can guess, I'm partial to Colt type revolvers. Having these models in like new condition would be fun to shoot. I love Big Iron & Confederate revolvers!

TFoley,
I am shocked, I tell you, shocked!! A pair of froggy froo froo guns? It makes me think of that part in the greatest movie Western ever made, "The Three Amigos", when Jeffe takes the Colt Peacemaker away from Little Neddy Niederlander and hands him a Colt Dragoon saying, "You need a man's gonne, not a leettle seesee gonne".:)

dave

I'm not certain what you are implying in your comment, Sir, but selling the cased pair of Boutets would enable me, more than likely, to replace them with a number of pairs of English duellers that are far more to my simple taste.

Buying a cased pair of Boutets would cost as much, or more, than buying the English duellers in the first place....

mhb - MIke

I would go for a pair of early German flint pistols on this order.
4001367_1.jpg

With me, it would have to be flintlock pistols.

I am extremely tempted to say a matched pair of Murdoch all Steel Scottish Highland pistols with grips that fit my hand, but I confess I don't care for the exposed triggers.

A pair of matched British Duelers would be lovely indeed, but not quite what I would wish for.

I confess for years I've been a huge fan of British Silver Mounted Georgian Pistols with rounded locks and grotesque butt caps with spurs that go up the sides of the grips. Not sure if I would prefer Pocket Pistols in that style around .45 caliber or Traveling Pistols with preferably 7 inch barrels, but no longer than 9 inches.

Ah, I have it! A Matched pair of both in a Suite of Arms by William Turvey, with the Traveling Pistols in the same caliber as the Silver mounted Gentleman's Sporting Rifle and let's just throw in one of his Silver Mounted Fowling Guns to round out the Suite of Arms. ;) 😆

Gus

Last edited:
Back