• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If you can't get real Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to high HAZ-MAT charges, I can only buy powder "semi-locally" as it's about 50-60 miles each way to the closest store that stocks it.
Obviously, "call ahead" to make sure they have some. 😷👍
I prefer real BP, and presently have almost 2 pounds of Swiss FFg.
The only "reproduction" black powder I've ever used was Pyrodex, RS back in 1988/1989
if no real black powder is available, I'll wait until it is. I generally get a pound when I open my last can. I don't wait until I'm almost out or am out.

Due to high HAZ-MAT charges, I can only buy powder "semi-locally" as it's about 50-60 miles each way to the closest store that stocks it.
Obviously, "call ahead" to make sure they have some. 😷👍
I prefer real BP, and presently have almost 2 pounds of Swiss FFg.
The only "reproduction" black powder I've ever used was Pyrodex, RS back in 1988/1989
if no real black powder is available, I'll wait until it is. I generally get a pound when I open my last can. I don't wait until I'm almost out or am out.
I agree don't wait but sometimes a fella just doesn't have the funds needed for an internet purchase. It's likely an order of 5# or more would have to be ordered to make it worth it. Some of us old farts on S.S. Struggle as it is.

common lets start acting like adults. and not children. my father can beat up your father! grow up!. it is only a discussion about powder. and it started out as a very interesting topic!
I agree! This thread has turned into a "debate" like I saw on TV. It's only powder, for crying out loud. Stop the bickering & insults or I'm going to send you to your rooms without supper. There is nothing to "win" here, gents!

Old Hawkeye, RELY! nobody has A DOG IN THIS FIGHT! or stock in any of the companies!

I agree don't wait but sometimes a fella just doesn't have the funds needed for an internet purchase. It's likely an order of 5# or more would have to be ordered to make it worth it. Some of us old farts on S.S. Struggle as it is.

Make a few muzzleloading friends and go in on an order together, or find the most prolific shooter in your area and bum a can off him. If I lived in your neck of the woods I'd definitely help you out. There is a dealer in Kalispell if you are near there.

I gave you a straight answer right here.

It is "discontinued".

That's the
"world according to Alliant".

Yet others said the same powder is available under a different label at Sportsman's warehouse and production has resumed, so who has it right and who is fake news?

Like I said I have a use for it and would like to know if it is available again without all of the BS.

so who has it right and who is fake news?

Regarding Black MZ, Alliant is right.

Yet others said the same powder is available under a different label at Sportsman's warehouse

Who said that ?
The "different label" (APP product) that it is sold under does not list it on their website either. So I suspect They have also discontinued it.
So anyone selling it currently probably won't be when their inventory is depleted.
Fear not though, APP seems to have a knack for reinventing it's self and reappearing under a new name. It has more names than Hubert Blaine Wolfe. 🤣

Like I said I have a use for it

I'm curious what that use is ?

would like to know if it is available again without all of the BS.

I think you are bringing the "BS" on yourself. I have repeatedly given you direct answers.

Why don't you stop repeatedly asking us and contact APP and/or Alliant directly ?
Do you need me to look the numbers up for you ?
Because I will.

this whole post has turned into a "BS" session. I believe that all of the questions have been addressed. lets get back on the track.

lets get back on the track.

What track is that ?

This whole topic stated out with the OP bashing Pyrodex and 777 then making exorbitant and broad claims about Black MZ, APP, and Jim Shockly's Gold based on his singular and limited use of the product.
Just another typical day on the forum. 🤪

For those in love or infatuated with APP products you can find a dealers list here.

http://www.americanpioneerpowder.com/dealers.html

This dead horse comes up for his regular beating every few months. The fact is there are many shooters who use it, they have had good results with it, they report that it has not rotted the barrel off of their rifle. It is not holy black but it is a viable substitute. If for some reason black powder is not available to you it certainly beats the alternative of not shooting at all.

Latest posts

Back