• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

If FedEx stops delivering Black Powder…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a dealer in winchester virginia google it, have to make an appointment. fair price, I bought 2 cans of Goex $22.00 each
Back Creek Gunshop, just north of Winchester, Va adjacent to the NSSA grounds. Go there and pick it up or have it shipped. Pickup regulations are 2 cases per customer, and 4 case limit per vehicle.

Buffalo Arms has Goex and Swiss in stock. I just ordered 10 lbs of Goex for my stock. Don't pass on what's available now or you will regret it. Shipping is $56 and change for 10lbs. $27 and change per lb for 10lbs. Local seller charges $40/lb, maybe more now if he has any.

Unless DOT or other govt agency forces them to stop, they are making good money on the hazmat charges. But who knows now, anything is possible. Bad thoughts for the morning!

Black powder shipments are a very tiny part of the Haz-Mat items they bill for.
As we have seen with pro sports teams, and other large businesses, they will gladly take financial losses to back social issues they believe in, in the name of PC.

Buy your lifetime supply of components now, while you still can, before special licensing and extra costs are required. Don’t get caught short. If you can afford a good quality BP gun, you can afford a case each of powder and caps.

Last edited:
Cheaper insurance, lawsuits, and stolen packages are probably why UPS does not ship black powder anymore.

Buffalo Arms has Goex and Swiss in stock. I just ordered 10 lbs of Goex for my stock. Don't pass on what's available now or you will regret it. Shipping is $56 and change for 10lbs. $27 and change per lb for 10lbs. Local seller charges $40/lb, maybe more now if he has any.

$40 per pound sounds pretty high.
I’ll bet Powder, Inc can Arkansas can beat that, and ship it to your house.

In a way, this situation highlights how important it is to support GOEX. They are the only manufacturer of black powder in the US. In a country the size of the US we will need a strong US-based black powder manufacturer like GOEX because if the commercial shipping capability were to cease, they would be in the best position to make trucking runs around the country to get the product to distributors/dealers.

I had not really thought about it this way before, but I've probably bought my last "foreign" powder. We need to strongly support our own US manufacturer.
I agree with supporting US mfg. of black powder. I have Goex for that reason, I am not opposed to using European powder at all. I personally prefer to use US-made if possible. My plan B is to make my own.

If they do you will end up with the situation we have in the UK. No -one will deliver and fewer and fewer stocking it too but at least it's only a 75 mile ride each way for me to collect.

Sorry to say that due to the current labor situation, all the shippers (especially USPS) are hiring anyone they can find and regulation enforcement is about nil. Am hearing many extremely disturbing reports about what is being shipped and how.

Looking at Powder Inc's site, they appear to be well stocked at this time. Wasn't that way several months back. I've ordered in the 25 lb lots to get the best pricing and if you have a couple friends you can sync up and split that kind of shipment. A little over $22/lb for Old Eynsford 2F shipped to your door in a 25 lb case. If you order 10# it's a little over $27/lb. So that extra 15 lbs is less than $20/lb to add it on. Ask yourself...is it going to get cheaper or easier to acquire???

My cousin used to drive trucker freight for UPS and they still deliver BP Hazmat ,it’s the dealer that determines who they want to go with because of some sort of cost. I guess it boils down to hazmat infringements cost from carrier to carrier.

In a way, this situation highlights how important it is to support GOEX. They are the only manufacturer of black powder in the US. In a country the size of the US we will need a strong US-based black powder manufacturer like GOEX because if the commercial shipping capability were to cease, they would be in the best position to make trucking runs around the country to get the product to distributors/dealers.

I had not really thought about it this way before, but I've probably bought my last "foreign" powder. We need to strongly support our own US manufacturer.
I believe after reading this, I will only buy Goex from now on.

Perhaps if FexEx stops delivering black powder it'll be similar for you to how we get it in Europe(Poland) . Online shops selling it have their own employees do delivery. They go around the country delivering to my area only few times per year, but it beats having to drive for entire day to get it in person.

The US is way too big and way too few carriers of BP for this to be viable. Unless we are paying like $200 for delivery.

Looking at Powder Inc's site, they appear to be well stocked at this time. Wasn't that way several months back. I've ordered in the 25 lb lots to get the best pricing and if you have a couple friends you can sync up and split that kind of shipment. A little over $22/lb for Old Eynsford 2F shipped to your door in a 25 lb case. If you order 10# it's a little over $27/lb. So that extra 15 lbs is less than $20/lb to add it on. Ask yourself...is it going to get cheaper or easier to acquire???

They are sold out of all 2F and 3F except for Swiss 3F. Are we looking at a different site?

Last edited:
I guess it's time to start figuring out where to stock it up and comply with local and Federal storage laws, 50 lbs. for sporting purposes should last me until I can't shoot anymore... better check that limit too....before I buy.

LD
Check the peoples republik of Maryland's law - it is different from the Feds

Looking at Powder Inc's site, they appear to be well stocked at this time.
Well.....I have to eat crow on this statement! 😞 When I initially looked today, I was looking at the view where all types are shown and there is nothing noted there about being out of stock. But I just went in to place an order and looking one level deeper in the info, MANY brands and granulations are out of stock. So, doesn't look like their available inventory situation has improved at all.

Back