• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Identify maker & need repair of CC&R round face flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently acquired a Caywood Wilson 20 gauge smoothie. Screw holding frizzen in this unbridled frizzen lock is sheared off at the lock plate. Lock is marked CC&R on the inside, has bow, two arrows and an ear of corn lightly engraved in the rear of the rounded lock plate. Lock plate is a hair over 6 inches long, ending in a point with no teat. Height is 1 inch just behind the fence? The shaft of the frizzen screw is 0.1805 inches in diameter.

I rather desperately need to get this lock back in action. Does anyone know who made the CC&R locks? Is there a current company making this lock? Or where I can get a replacement screw?

I also need suggestions as to how to get the broken off threaded portion of the screw out of the plate. Right now it is sitting with a drop of Kroil on the broken end.

Your lock is a Caywood by Danny Caywood. Give him a call an he will make it right. If you think you can fix it he will send you a screw. If you think you cant he will ask you to send it in an he will fix it an get it back out to you pretty quick. I have 4 of his Wilson locks an really like them. I think they are maybe the fastest of the big English locks. When you call keep in mind he is a one horse operation so he might not can hear the phone at the time but he will get back to you or at least he has always called me back when he could.

Latest posts

Back