• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Identification Anyone?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Craig

32 Cal
Reaction score
Recently came across this and know nothing about it. Been looking at proof marks for days and can't find this. There are no markings except for on the barrel. See photo. Anybody? Thanks, Mike.
DSCN3269.JPG
DSCN3270.JPG
DSCN3280.JPG

Its been a long time but I believe that is what my Brother had. Japanese replica "Tower" pistol in approximately .69 caliber. It shot pretty well. Looks like it could use a little sprucing up.
A little story to go along with the topic. We were shooting it out in the AZ desert one time and were looking for stuff to shoot at. We found about a quarter sheet of plywood scrap and leaned it up against a boulder. I was standing to the side of my Brother when he let off a shot. I then heard that .69 round ball (ricochet) flutter right past my head. Would have put a hurtin' on me for sure. I immediately went over to that plywood and kicked it off that rock. Figured maybe that wasn't the best thing to shoot at.

"Japanese replica "Tower" pistol in approximately .69 caliber." Exactly what it is. There must be millions of them out there (well not quite that many) and most don't work. If anyone is handy they can be gotten into shooting condition and can be fun. Not much value, the highest retail price I remember was $40 and they were on the market for years. There seems to be enough variation in them to make me believe there may have been more than one manufacturer or there were changes over the years. I also seem to recall some of them being made in Korea.

I bought one of these from EMF about 1970 or so. Cost was a few cents under $20.00 and that included shipping. Even then, that wasn't a lot of money. I am amazed by what they sell for today on that major national gun auction site. They certainly weren't junk but they could be a little "rough around the edges".

Latest posts

Back