• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ideas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So writes the fellow with the .44 revolver ! 🤪

LD

That's right. Pietta .44's with .446/.447 chambers shoot .453 balls real good same as the .46 bore rifle.
Got a petite half stock to shoot .38 ball like the .36 revolvers.
But I'm still sneaking up on a .42 bore rifle to shoot the .41 balls like my .40 caliber 1851.

I like having rifles and revolvers that shoot the same ammo.
Once going caseless it was a whole new way of doing things.

Last week a friend brought me his TC .50cal Hawken that he stuck a brush in. We tried a few things, I think the threads were stripped as I could not get any of my rods to grab hold (just pulled right off). He said he had a patch over the brush as well.
After a lot of struggling, I shot some BreakFree down the barrel and let it drain, then removed the nipple and poured alchohol into the breach (to dry it out), went outside and forced a good 50-ot grains of powder into the breach and put the nipple back on and *Pow*...only the cap went off, no ignition.
But I found when I tried to shove more powder in it went in easier; so i loaded about 30+ more grain, then slapped the heck out of it (to be sure it settled in the breach), one more cap and *POW* , no idea where that brush landed but the rifle is back out on the range!

Latest posts

Back