• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ideas Please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this rifle a while ago, inlays missing, fore end in bad shape pieces out, broken, and cracked. I got it presentable but have no idea of it's origin . The previous owner said his uncle had it for a good while, that it had been owned by an Indian in Arkansas . It is a walnut stock, 53 1/4" OAL, barrel is 38" - 15/16 flat to flat, and mikes at .374 weighing in at 11 lb, 12 oz.

Any ideas ? On the lock it looks like two Roman numerals I joined bt an arrow to maybe represent an "H" and the barrel has the letters B J B with dots on each side of the letters.

Thanks in advance.
IG 5.jpg
IG 3.jpg
IG 4.jpg
IG 1.jpg
IG 2.jpg

Not sure but I respectfully would call it a wall hanger.
It makes me think of a full stock Hawken.

Not sure but I respectfully would call it a wall hanger.
It makes me think of a full stock Hawken.
HIXSON, J. B.
Probably Ohio. Script marking on fancy engraved percussion Kentucky rifle, lock marking H pierced by arrow. Similar locks known on another Hixson rifle and one by J. C. M.

Back