• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Idaho

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about that return to Zebco. I went creek fishing with my small open face rod and reel early this summer. It was a brushy bugger I had the line and the bale more or less tangled up all day, and I fell in a couple times and put the reel under. When I got home I noticed an old Zebco 404 in the corner on half a pole I had kicking around forever. Got that reel running 50% but too far gone, but by then I knew what I needed, so I laid in the 202, then a 404, then a spare 202 and now the 33lxb. Addictive personality : ).

Will do. He sent me a picture of a 22 pound rainbow he caught while trolling. He catches a lot of kokes too.

Taking best bud, and heading off to creek fish Jordan Creek from Idaho border to Silver City on Thursday. Was in there a month ago, mormon crickets were thick, water was running clear and fast. Looked like trout waters to me. Gonna give my new secret weapon, vintage USA Zebco 202 closed face rod and reel the acid (and creek water) test.
Give us a report on how the fishing goes.

Sounds like your in for some great times !!! Our family has enjoyed many good times prospecting, metal detecting, hunting & fishing in historical Silver City & the Owyhee's. On one memorable trip we forgot our fishing gear so caught our trout dinner with willow branch poles , found baling twine, fresh dug worms & hooks made from pull-tabs. Can overcome just about anything if you pack a leatherman multi-tool :thumb:

Fishing was kind of rough. In the areas where the Mormon crickets were thick the fish were stuffed I think and not biting. We fished more places as we drove back from Silver City and I started connecting in the small active pools behind the rocks. I caught a 6 1/2 incher a 7 1/2 incher and an 8 1/2 incher all rainbows native not clipped. Strangely the biggest fish we saw all day were grouped in a long slackwater area about 30 yards long. We could see them clearly there was two limits of 10 to 12 inchers in there, but they would not bite a thing we tried. Stuffed and resting in slow water I guess. We drove around and stopped here and there to check out old mining junk-armchair historians you know. We saw some great historic country, caught a few fish, had a good time.

Off to Succor Creek Reservoir here pretty soon with the best bud to try out our new used canoe. Good thing the weather is so hot with the two of us old birds in that squirrely canoe. Oh well, we are gonna get us a couple of good life preservers so if we take a dip we can get to shore. Our wives think we slipped a cog, they just might be right. Cannot believe the stuff you can get away with when you start to get old. Gotta give the old 404 Zebco on my longer light tackle rod a try now.

Off to Succor Creek Reservoir here pretty soon with the best bud to try out our new used canoe. Good thing the weather is so hot with the two of us old birds in that squirrely canoe. Oh well, we are gonna get us a couple of good life preservers so if we take a dip we can get to shore. Our wives think we slipped a cog, they just might be right. Cannot believe the stuff you can get away with when you start to get old. Gotta give the old 404 Zebco on my longer light tackle rod a try now.
Speaking as one 79 year oldie to another we are indeed lucky to have wives who allow us to continue pursuing our bucket list, I was very fortunate to find a keeper who had a similar bucket list that included participating in rendezvous far & wide & gold / relic detecting.
Ref. Succor Creek; About 20 years ago at a prospecting meeting I spoke with a really old guy who's family had a hardscrabble homesteaded in the Succor Creek area. It was kids on a wagon train along that area who picked up pretty rocks that started the gold rush in the Silver City area. He said that pulling cheat grass & panning dirt off the roots were the only way his family had to pay their taxes & buy grub & animal feed through the winters.
If your inclined it might be worthwhile to toss a gold pan in the canoe in case the fishing doesn't pan out.
:ghostly:

There is a lot of active mining going on in Owyhee county at the present time. You gotta be kind of careful whose rock you smack up there these days. I did throw in a rock pick last weekend on the Silver City trip and I was more or less watching the quartz for a minerals deposite all day. I would love to stake a claim but I sure don't want to take heavy equipment in and start tearing stuff up. I think the area suffered enough til the shutdown of 1941.

Okay, after hay and firewood duty, and a five day bout with some unknown intestinal virus, and the Succor Creek Reservoir canoe event is finally coming off tomorrow. They say the way to differentiate between normal flu and the COVID is loss of smell and taste. I've already been double vaccinated. After five days bedridden cooped up in the back bedroom and master bath with explosive diarrhea, there was still nothing wrong with my sense of smell. Never was so sick with a stomach virus in my life though. Doctors got to stop treating these viruses with drugs--I think they are adapting and morphing. This one would have done William Clark proud.

glad you are bouncing back.
i had the kung fu flu in January, and Feb. and March. still some lingering effects, but i have had worse "flu" in the years past.
still have a lingering cough, but just about over it. the worst part for me was not tasting or smelling. i enjoy food, and the smells of nature.
when the smell came back some things smelled really different for a while.

Off topic so feel free to reply via PM

Myself, the wife, our 6-8 month old son, and our golden retriever are taking a trip nominally to visit the CDA area this summer/fall but also hit Kalispell, Sandpoint, and somewhere down towards the sawtooths (or sawteeth lol?). Looking for some hike suggestions so I figured hunters might have a good feel for what might fit us. Generally in the 3-7 mile range since the baby will be unpredictable. Thanks and sorry for derailing the thread a little!
Never and I mean never worry about being off topic. Say your piece and don't worry. Knowledge is accumulated from both sides of the street and have fun on your trek to Idaho.

Okay, after hay and firewood duty, and a five day bout with some unknown intestinal virus, and the Succor Creek Reservoir canoe event is finally coming off tomorrow. They say the way to differentiate between normal flu and the COVID is loss of smell and taste. I've already been double vaccinated. After five days bedridden cooped up in the back bedroom and master bath with explosive diarrhea, there was still nothing wrong with my sense of smell. Never was so sick with a stomach virus in my life though. Doctors got to stop treating these viruses with drugs--I think they are adapting and morphing. This one would have done William Clark proud.
Happy you are well again. Never had the vaccine for seasonal or Chinese flu...same for family and friends around me. Mingled without mask until had to wear one to get in store, always below my nose....couldn't breathe with the damn thing on. Those vaccines are about as effective as donuts to prevent a heart attack. Stay well my friend.

glad you are bouncing back.
i had the kung fu flu in January, and Feb. and March. still some lingering effects, but i have had worse "flu" in the years past.
still have a lingering cough, but just about over it. the worst part for me was not tasting or smelling. i enjoy food, and the smells of nature.
when the smell came back some things smelled really different for a while.
Glad you popped back....your humor is outstanding.

Happy to hear your back on your feet.
There will be much better days ahead once we unite & muster the courage to eliminate the political & corporate parasites who created the virus & are trying to destroy America.

Wouldn't put much faith in the vax for covid anyway. I work in the courthouse in a small rural county, 2 weeks ago we had 3 people out with covid, all 3 vaxxed. One pregnant and forced by her boss, the county prosecutor to get vaxxed or get axxed.

Wouldn't put much faith in the vax for covid anyway. I work in the courthouse in a small rural county, 2 weeks ago we had 3 people out with covid, all 3 vaxxed. One pregnant and forced by her boss, the county prosecutor to get vaxxed or get axxed.
One thing about the employer forcing vax. You can't sue the manufacturer, which tells me it is by no means tested, and death could occur. But if you become seriously ill or die, family cna sue the hell out of the employer for threating your job and forcing the vax!

the rat Bas----s are now admitting it isn't really a vaccine as such that will prevent you from getting the kung fu flu, it will maybe sorta might possibly help you not die from the said kung fu flu. or not.
You mean, you actually thought they were telling the truth? Your bad....stay wellllllll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back