• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Idaho Lewis Modified NASA lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have the secret just take 1 of the empties and fill back up with peanut oil . Do not over heat/burn lube ,just double boil on low heat and stir frequently . 1st NASA and melt/then Stihl oil/2nd peanut oil stir till all is mixed . I pour out and cool in a cookie sheet pan . I cut up in strips for storage in containers cause I even use it in a 450 lube/sizer !/Ed
Thanks a million, for all your info
Already have everything on hand
Except, the nasa, ordering Monday
And thank you.

I don’t know if those are the same kind of conicals, but I seem to recall Lewis mentioning not to put any lube in the front groove. You would have to check me on that, but it made huge difference in accuracy, I believe.
That would be Maxi balls , bottom groove only and he was right!/Ed

That would be Maxi balls , bottom groove only and he was right!/Ed
Have not received mold yet, 5 week
From accurate molds, #50-275-B
Specs according to lewis video
275 gr/ 280gr/ has 2 grooves in 50cal
He shot 5 shot at 50/60 yards in 1 rag
Hole, the plan is to replicate this bullet/ with his mod/nasa. For white tail/ and target. Here on my property.
Hopefully by end of the Jan, I'll be casting these meanwhile/PRB/swiss2F.

Back