• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

ID Scope Mount

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf172

40 Cal
Reaction score
I ordered this on eBay thinking I was getting just a standard flat bottom scope mount for my CVA Bobcat. This is what I got. Ultra this Standard Picatinny Rail Keymod MLOK 13 Slut Scope Mount. Needless to say it won't sit flat on the octagon barrel so what kind of rifle is it for? Also what kind of 13 slot mount would I need to get? Thanks

Attachments

• rail.jpg
    rail.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 28
  • RailScrews.jpg
    RailScrews.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 26
I'm pretty sure that's for a 13" MLOK forend like you'd find on an AR-15. Not at all what you'll need for conventional mounting on your Bobcat. It could probably be made to work if you milled the bottom flat and then drilled the rail to match your barrel's hole pattern. A lot of work, but it could be done.

Thanks for the info. I'm not going through all that work plus I don't have a way to do any grinding. I've contacted the seller to either return it OR if he has a regular rail that's flat on the bottom just exchange it. I guess I should have done more research in what MLOK forend meant.

Now I remember that a standard rail was called a 1913. Found what I should have ordered.

Attachments

• rail3.jpg
    rail3.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 20
  • rail2.jpg
    rail2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Yessir, the Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rail. Looks like the old Weaver bases but is just a very little bit different, and has pretty much became the standard for modern military firearms. Here's a Wiki link if anyone would like to read a little more about it: Picatinny rail - Wikipedia

Good luck getting your Bobcat sorted out!

Back