ID Assistance

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Akblackdawg

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbors son passed last fall. Terry had a interest in guns and a small collection she would like to regime. Not a lot of ML, a couple revolvers and a couple small cannons I think. The revolver shown I know nothing about. It has a serial number and some reference to Italy stamped on it. 44cal. It has been gently handled. The other revolver is a Uberti single action 44cal with brass frame. I may buy it myself. Those on the bed are mostly high end pellet guns if anybody here has interest I’ll try to get specific info. All is for sale. I also can get photos etc on reloading equipment she has.
900804B4-4C15-4035-A91F-A151785920E4.jpeg
15B31AEC-F9DA-4EB4-9AA9-2C8E1E100175.jpeg
15B31AEC-F9DA-4EB4-9AA9-2C8E1E100175.jpeg
The lady is not wealthy and needs fair offers to help in her retirement. I can take more photos etc if wanted. Bud

hawkeye2

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
It's a Pietta 1860 army stubbie with the brass loading tool. It is loaded using the tool through the hole under the barrel where the loading lever would have gone in a longer barrel version. It came from the factory that way.

necchi

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
It's a Pietta 1860 army stubbie with the brass loading tool.
That's real close,, but as you can see;
It doesn't have the "birds head" grip or the fluted cylinder,, I think it's a composite, an 1860 frame and cylinder with a snub barrel added.
Nothing unusual about that, folks swap parts all the time.
Look around for the birds head grip and/or the other 8" barrel,,

hawkeye2

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That's real close,, but as you can see;
It doesn't have the "birds head" grip or the fluted cylinder,, I think it's a composite, an 1860 frame and cylinder with a snub barrel added.
Nothing unusual about that, folks swap parts all the time.
Look around for the birds head grip and/or the other 8" barrel,,
[/QU

Not a parts swap. I have one that I bought circa mid 00s in that configuration, strictly a factory piece. They didn't come out with the birds head/fluted cylinder model till years later.

Latest posts