• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I want a cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinghewitt

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Before I bemoan my cannon, here's a bit of eye candy, an original, 17th Century, rabonet elevation adjustment. A coarse ratchet and a fine screw -slobber, drool-

elevation.jpg

I have all the wood and some of the iron to make a much simpler piece, but if I wait much longer before building it the wood might actually be seasoned ::

The elm hubs have dried out, I just ran a pint of fungicide down the end grain as a precaution against mushrooms :shocking:

You all have cannons, I am so jealous, I want one (or six) :thumbsup:

Squire Robin,
You all have cannons, I am so jealous, I want one (or six}

Six would be a nice number.When you get them load them Heavy enough so that I can hear the roar when you fire all six.........Accross the Atlantic that shouldn't be too far.....I should at least smell the smoke.. ::

A guy I work with would LOVE A CANNON. I sent him pictures of the ones on this forum and he just about fell out of his seat.
Only problem is he is cheap. Well maybe thats not fair, he have three kids, a wife and bills.
He is very handy and has a great work shop.
Squire,
Not to steal your thread but how does a person build a nice cannon on the cheap??

Define cheap good Sir? Do you mean cheap as in 6 feet of pvc pipe spray painted gunmetal grey. or do you mean a quality, low priced cannon that will not kill you and 40 other people if a welded seam decided to fail upon firing?

Hey! If it doesn't have a vent is it still illegal to have? Pay for the tube and buy me a round trip ticket and I'll hand deliver it. Wonder if there's a weight restriction for the overhead storage compartment. Should fit in my duffel bag... :eek: :youcrazy:

You all have cannons, I am so jealous, I want one (or six)

:: Hey Squire Robin; I saw the video (you shooting the wall gun) I think you already have a cannon. :crackup:

Cheap in his definition is high quality at a low price. Meaning I should buy it :what:
I told him if he couldn't afford to buy the one that I saw on this thread and build his own carrige, then he probably couldn't afford to shoot it any way.

Before you get into building tricky stuff like big spoked wheels and stuff, take a look at some carronade pics. The carronade gives better value as far as bore verus o.d. and the swivelling ships mount is a piece of cake to make. I have a 3" carronade and it was no big deal to make. The last missiopn it had was shooting up a Dihatsu Charade motor car. A 3" zinc ball looks pretty impressive smacking one of these up.
Rex Dev. :front:

Latest posts

Back