• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I used to have a TC booklet on safety, ML basics, and powder charges for different calibers....where to find that now?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Blackburn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Where would I find a Thompson Center booklet on muzzleloading? Are there any good substitutes on what are recommended powder minimum and maximum charges?

The on-line T/C booklet only contains information on 50 caliber round ball and some T/C conicals. The basic material on care maintenance and shooting can apply to all T/C rifles, although I don't push T/C Bore Butter as much as they do. Better Lubricants are available.

The "Gun Digest Black Powder Loading Manual" has specific loading information for several T/C rifles. These are out of print but used copies can be found.

The on-line T/C booklet only contains information on 50 caliber round ball and some T/C conicals. The basic material on care maintenance and shooting can apply to all T/C rifles, although I don't push T/C Bore Butter as much as they do. Better Lubricants are available.

The "Gun Digest Black Powder Loading Manual" has specific loading information for several T/C rifles. These are out of print but used copies can be found.
The manual that came with my T/C Hawken .45 calibre lists loads for the .45 calibre, along with loads for use with .32 calibre Cherokee, .45 calibre Cherokee and Seneca, .45 calibre Hawken and .50 calibre Hawken or Renegade. Plus, .54 calibre Hawken or Renegade and .56 calibre Renegade smoothbore.

If you will settle for one in not really great shape, send me a Private Message with your address and I will send it to you.

This Forum is a better source for information regarding proper care and feeding of them than their manual. For instance; there is no such thing as "seasoning" a barrel, but their manual states otherwise.

How do I send a private message?
Click on someone’s name, then choose “start conversation” from the box that opens.
A38F5B70-0A4F-477A-B3A5-3027B8C2EF2C.jpeg

Back