• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I Took a Beautiful "Cougar" Home Yesterday.........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldNo7

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I Took a Beautiful "Cougar" Home Yesterday.........

Luckily, it wasn't a large feline -- or the female human variety either...
;)

But she is rather pretty!

I used to have a nice T/C Hawken but sold it off when a shooter at the club made me one of those "can't refuse" offers. I wasn't shooting it much and figured I could always get another one, but after awhile I really wasn't fond of the shiny brass. I missed having a sidelock in my safe, so I recently I went on the hunt for a decent T/C Renegade in .50 cal, figuring the all-blue hardware would better appeal to me. But what I found instead was the "Cougar" version of T/C's Hawken -- the limited edition model from the late 80'/early 90's made with brushed stainless steel hardware (which looks like pewter) and a "drop dead gorgeous" piece of walnut burl that spoke to me saying "Take Me Home!"

So I did!!!

Best part was, no outlay of cash was needed, as I traded an old revolver that I wasn't shooting anymore.

Gosh I'm loving the wood on this one! And I like the "French Gray" color of the hardware too.

RoG2eyz.jpg

I just added one of T/C's rare Hunting Tang Sights on the tang and removed the stock rear sight; I just need to add some plug screws to the barrel and get a Treso Ampco Bronze nipple (which I use on all my blackpowder guns) and then I'll take her out to the range.

I sure hope she shoots as well as she looks!

Old No7

3arYVXS.jpg

s5nGMKn.jpg

Beautiful wood on that one ! I took the tang sight off my TC Hawken several years ago because it wasn’t allowed in the shooting matches I attended. Even if I didn’t use it in the match, the other guys didn’t even want it on the rifle. It’s a pretty dang good sight ! :cool:

That’s sure is indeed a pretty piece of walnut.........I can’t remember off hand, what calibers did the offer those Cougars?? Greg

Back