• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I think I just bought a GRRW Leman

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . . . In the end, some people at Fed Ex, USPS and even UPS can destroy things just by the way they handle them, as if they're throwing around a chunk of firewood. Just a matter of the person handling it and if they give a damn.

A few years ago, a UPS driver FREELY ADMITTED to me, he used “those long, skinny boxes” as a step-stool to reach up, into the higher levels of his truck to retrieve a package!

Me too…the box had minor damage…but nothing that would make you think it was broken. The rifle was wrapped in heavy wax paper then wrapped in bubble wrap and packed with peanuts. The issue was the hammer sticking up and taking an impact. Good lesson in protecting the hammer/lock area in shipment
Sad.
Was the rifle shipped assembled with the barrel in the stock?

I think Id just fix something like that. Lock parts can be found, and the crack appears minor. Wouldnt shipping insurance cover that? Like somebody said, if you send it back you’ll never see it again. They aren’t real common anywhere.

I ended up sending it back…It is so unfortunate and totally avoidable if it were packaged well. It was bubble wrapped and then filled with peanuts…but loosely. The peanuts shifted allowing it to flop around. I know it could probably be repaired…but it would always be blemished. I’m sure I would think about it every time I picked it up.

I ended up sending it back…It is so unfortunate and totally avoidable if it were packaged well. It was bubble wrapped and then filled with peanuts…but loosely. The peanuts shifted allowing it to flop around. I know it could probably be repaired…but it would always be blemished. I’m sure I would think about it every time I picked it up.

You are not going to find a production gun that looks like that, but you can buy a kit from Pedersoli or InvestArms and make it exactly like that.

Green River Rifle Works.

this breaking of rifles in shipping makes me sick. i got a Mortimer that was broken through the wrist. there were tread marks on the case. a wooden case. usps tread marks.

Thanks, I hope the shipper had insurance on the package.

FedEx has done it to me twice. Once on an Al Hunkler longrifle, a chunk broken out of the toe plate area, and once on a T/C Renegade where they compressed and cracked the fore end, both insured. Good luck getting any satisfaction out FedEx.

Latest posts

Back