• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I suppose I should introduce myself...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! I have been a member of this forum since last September, but don't believe I ever said "Hello," and "Thanks for having me." Well, I am saying them now. My first muzzleloader was a .50 percussion, CVA St. Louis Hawken rifle that I got back in the mid 1990s. A little after that, I also obtained a 1967 .44 percussion, Italian-made, Intercontinental Arms "Kentuckian" from an uncle who had it as a "wallhanger." (I own others, but they are not to be discussed on this forum:)) I moved, and hadn't handled them much for almost twenty years, but last year, I started to mess around with the Kentucky rifle and have been trying to become more proficient with it. I look forward to advice and learning more from this august group.

Hello! I have been a member of this forum since last September, but don't believe I ever said "Hello," and "Thanks for having me." Well, I am saying them now. My first muzzleloader was a .50 percussion, CVA St. Louis Hawken rifle that I got back in the mid 1990s. A little after that, I also obtained a 1967 .44 percussion, Italian-made, Intercontinental Arms "Kentuckian" from an uncle who had it as a "wallhanger." (I own others, but they are not to be discussed on this forum:)) I moved, and hadn't handled them much for almost twenty years, but last year, I started to mess around with the Kentucky rifle and have been trying to become more proficient with it. I look forward to advice and learning more from this august group.
Hello and welcome!
What part of the world are you from?

Capnball, Kentucky, originally (my son is the seventh generation of my paternal line born in Kentucky. my people were there before it was a state.) and now North Carolina.

UndeadPoet
The Carolinas are some of the prettiest parts of the country. I'm originally from NJ but I live in MD now right close to Amish country. Love it!

The Carolinas are some of the prettiest parts of the country. I'm originally from NJ but I live in MD now right close to Amish country. Love it!
Yes, it is no wonder that most of the Daniel Boone/Davy Crockett/Last of the Mohicans, etc. scenes were filmed in Cherokee National Forest, Pisgah, or Smoky Mountains National Park. It is gorgeous. Amish country is typically pretty nice, too.

Back