• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I recall a thread about Paypal use.......update on that.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Blackburn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I recall use discussion how "Paypal was fine for gun parts." Several disagreed when I pointed out their past bans on such. Well, guess what? This is a direct quote from a gentleman on another forum.

" So, I am sure most of you know about eBay and PayPal's anti gun policy of 10 years ago, I remember when eBay put me on notice because I was selling my childhood Roy Rogers cap pistol set around 2005, but eBay relaxed that policy when they saw how much money was to be made / lost. eBay fixed it so that the only way you could do business on eBay was through PayPal, and eBay sells a LOT of gun parts now. So, all was acceptable, I have used PayPal for years to buy gun parts on eBay. However, they have broken from PayPal, and now PayPal has taken up the initiative to review all sales, and cancel, effective immediately any accounts who violate their policy, permanently . They close your account forever, KEEP your banking and credit card info, KEEP your balance (if any) for 6 months, assess your fines and violations, and help themselves to the penalties they put upon you. If there is anything left, they will notify you in 6 months on how you can apply to receive your remaining cash. This is termed non negotiable. Happened to me yesterday. Happened to a friend last week. My only recourse is to switch banks and get a new CC number. So if there is anyone out there who has used PayPal for gun parts in the past, I would recommend keeping a zero balance, and possibly removing any banking institutions you have registered with them. This is just another form of "cancel culture" by the left , designed to punish those who believe in 2A. I would say its time to cancel them."

Also, the email Paypal sent him.

"
After a review of your account activity, we've determined that you're in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Specifically, the sale of ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or accessories. As a result, your account has been permanently limited and you won't be able to conduct any further business using PayPal. This is permitted under the PayPal User Agreement sections Restricted Activities and Actions We May Take. You must remove all references to PayPal from your website(s) and/or auction(s), including removing PayPal as a payment option, the PayPal logo, and the PayPal shopping cart.
If you have funds in your PayPal balance, we'll hold it up for 180 days. These funds may be used to satisfy any obligations you may have under the User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy, including potential liabilities to third parties and to PayPal for each violation of the Acceptable Use Policy, including monetary damages. After that period, we'll email you with information on how to access any remaining funds.
If there are chargebacks that result in your account balance falling below zero, you will need to settle the amount owed to PayPal to avoid further action.
Customers who are permanently limited for violating the Acceptable Use Policy are not permitted to use PayPal services and are not permitted to open new or additional PayPal accounts.
You can find the complete the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause. "

I suggest we immediately reopen discussion on this topic before one of our own is hurt.

No fan of PayPal here. Have posted below before, and being a whiles back guessing it was before PayPal split off from eBay.

I made a purchase using PayPal a number of years ago. Received the product with no problem. A few months later my PayPal account was frozen with no explanation. Could not get my money. Turns out the company I had purchased the item from was selling something else PayPal decided was against their rules. Froze the seller’s and all their buyers’ accounts until the investigation was complete. It was months before I had access to MY money. Within hours of getting my money and closing my account I started to receive emails from PayPal wanting me to reactivate my account.......

I've had a PayPal account for over 20 years and have bought gun parts, reloading supplies, and accessories without a problem however, PayPal and Ebays policies change with the political winds. If you are buying from a member here use Paypal Friends and Family which requires no description of what the funds are for.

I suggest having Zonie post this regarding PayPal, and the link on "PayPal Policy" as a "sticky" at the top of each of the sections of the "Muzzleloading Classifieds" as a warning to those who have been advertising PayPal's use as payment.

The first time I used Pay Pal they locked up my credit card for a month. That was thirty years ago and the last time I used them. When I see a supplier that only takes Pay Pal I find a different supplier. Refuse to use Ebay I may pay a little more but I don't have these types of problems. When you have to skirt around the polices a company has sooner or later it will came around and bite you.

1600+ EBAY gun parts auctions right now == All are Paypal only transactions. Might add astounded at parts for low end bottom of barrel brand names plus barreled receivers and hi cap mags to boot. $$$ decide.

Just this past week I bought and received 500 .380. cases through PayPal with no problem

I am not going to lie and use "Friends and Family." I also won't use Paypal for anything firearms. I'm not risking it nor do I like supporting those that hate me.

I take checks with my business, most into the 4 digits. Anything I buy or sale here can be check, money order, or certified check. I'm not doing Paypal here.

I am not going to lie and use "Friends and Family." I also won't use Paypal for anything firearms. I'm not risking it nor do I like supporting those that hate me.

I take checks with my business, most into the 4 digits. Anything I buy or sale here can be check, money order, or certified check. I'm not doing Paypal here.

You are one of the few people with integrety.

I needed a part for a chainsaw, and found it on the 'net. The guy only took PayPal. I told him I do not use PayPal. We could not come to an agreement, which was fine with me. I will buy from someone who will take another form a payment.

I won't use PayPay for buying anything.

Yes, if you are willing to lie, you can fool them, and help fund out own destruction.

Nice going! ;) :thumb:

Thats ok. Paypal uses our tax dollars to fund our destruction. Now with internet sales tax they can complete the job even faster. Only no fee F&F paypal seems to work in our favor. Even then for the short time they have the $$ they prolly borrow against it to fund our destruction. I like the term "is lying to a liar, lying?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back