• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I needed more light.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had cataract surgery about eight years ago with more than positive results. In the sunlight everything was shiny & bright again. So bright that I need sunglasses on a a bright sunny day. Needless to say, I loved the results. But . . . when lighting is dim, things are not so clear. Although I have, for the most part, sufficient lighting in my workshop, I find that doing inletting on a rifle requires even brighter light. So, HF had a veterans day sale on Veterans' day weekend . They had 4' long LED lamps for $14.99. I bought one and put it over my bench. What a blessing it is! Really nice bright light! I'm happy.

Middle expo, is a company selling stuff for middle builders, especially planes and ships. They offer some real nice head lights also, and lighted magnifying glasses and stands.

Put the purchase of new lights on hold for a while. Make an appointment with your ophthalmologist for an exam first. I've had cataract surgery in both eyes. At about 7 or 8 years after implant surgery the eyes can, and often do, develop secondary cataracts behind the lens implants. This is a very common occurrence and I am experiencing it in my left eye right now. The fix is quite simple and done with a laser thingy. No pain. They just zap the new cataract with laser impulses and it is done. Either way, good luck.

I also had the laser thing done on my eyes after about a year of getting cataracts done, but the loss of low light acuity is common with or without cataracts.

Put the purchase of new lights on hold for a while. Make an appointment with your ophthalmologist for an exam first. I've had cataract surgery in both eyes. At about 7 or 8 years after implant surgery the eyes can, and often do, develop secondary cataracts behind the lens implants. This is a very common occurrence and I am experiencing it in my left eye right now. The fix is quite simple and done with a laser thingy. No pain. They just zap the new cataract with laser impulses and it is done. Either way, good luck.
Hey thanks. That fits my need and I was unaware. Dale

Back