• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I need a little advice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it turns out . I think I have 3 51 navy.2 shooters 1 new cased. 2 3rd dragoon 1 shooter 1 new cased all c series second generarion. And whatever the hell it is I posted photos of. 1 louis smith flintlock rifle that looks like it belongs in the Smithsonian. Lol. I'll post photos this week and get an education from you all. Can't thank you all enough for your replies!!

There are a lot of vultures on the internet.

Yup. they are not all as friendly as this one, y'know....

1633336485039.png

It’s an 1860 Colt New Model Army F series. Do you have any of the boxes? According to one gun tuner, they’re nearly worthless as shooters and have collector value only.

That's odd. I know of at least one national and MLAIC gold medal shooter in the international scene who shoots a second-series Walker in the open-frame category. So they can't be all that bad.

I see what you mean about the short cylinder.seems colt built a 44 cal on a 51 navy size frame. The gun seem small for a 44 cal. It's super clean and a lot of oil on it.. I can see the witness marks on the cylinder (see picture) Definitely a shooter. I think the original nipples were black these are silver. My father may have had a hard time finding caps the fit the factory nipples and changed them?

The calibre is stamped on the grip frame on the left side, the pictures on my screen are a might fuzzy for me.
Is it 44 or 36?

I would be that "tuner"(hey woodnbow ) and I would say more a "collectable" than a "shooter" as issued. Again, they are '70's /'80's guns with "typical of the time" action parts. The arbors are short as are all of them (across the board). No more "worthless" as a shooter than any other reproduction of the time or since but as I said definitely fixable! I just re-watched a vid. of the International target shooter and never heard if the Walker was a Colt continuation or Uberti but it really doesn't matter that much. The loads are fairly light and depending on the tolerances of the particular revolver in question may give good performance for an unknown time. Definitely with full or maximum charges it would eventually defeat those tollerances and begin destroying itself as they all will. Of course if corrected, full house loads are the norm.
As far as the op's revolver, he didn't mention caliber so obviously if it is .36 , it isn't an Army and probably a '62 Police variety or possibly one of those 1/2 scale productions (salesman samples) from whomever made those.

Mike

After posting I saw the OP confirmed .44 cal so yes, it's an Army (.44 cal).

OK. Let's go with something a little more recent. I have 2 single action army. P 1870 and P 1876. Both new in box.. Any idea as to what these might fetch.
20211005_191158.jpg
20211005_191132.jpg
20211005_191043.jpg
20211005_190941.jpg
20211005_190931.jpg
20211005_190842.jpg
20211005_190829.jpg
20211005_190842.jpg

Those are nice guns but outside the scope of this forum. Can't really discuss cartridge guns here due to forum rules.

This appears to be a 3rd model dragoon f series. unfired. I cannot pick out the fine details like you all can. No real witness marks on the cylinder. The gun as a whole looks to me as it is in excellent condition. Has a black Box with paperwork no Styrofoam. Any word on a realistic value

Same thing happened here in UK when we lost Curtis & Harvey and TPPH. We are left with Henry Krank, Schuetzen, Swiss and a new-to-us Polish maker who has been in the business since the early 1600's. Our collective hearts go out to you, truly.

The USA was BORN from the effective use of black powder, and the men who used it to gain the freedom from tyranny that most of you enjoy.

Is there nothing you can do to get something going again?
Thanks for the encouraging comments. It's good to hear the Poles are in the game as well. All the best!

This appears to be a 3rd model dragoon f series. unfired. I cannot pick out the fine details like you all can. No real witness marks on the cylinder. The gun as a whole looks to me as it is in excellent condition. Has a black Box with paperwork no Styrofoam. Any word on a realistic value
If it were mine and I wanted to sell, I would be in the neighborhood of $800.00+ depends on how soon you want to move it. If you’re pricing it for insurance purposes I would say replacement might be as high as $11-1200.00. They’re not available just everywhere and the asking prices seem to be all over the place. A quick search on gunbroker showed a half dozen ranging from 700-3800 (an engraved mode). Yours looks like new, and if the box is in good condition as well it adds collector value.

I say keep ‘em coming. Just understand that the site recently had a hacker that tried to prey on the good people of the forum and if the other fellows are like me, your windfall seems too good to be true and the normal excitement might be muted because of it. But I’m having fun looking at the eye candy personally.

Back