• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I need a cartridge box

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought one of the small cartridge boxes off Ebay that's supposed to be a British "extra cartridge " case or whatever it's called

It's just a leather box with a metal insert and a sling. Presumably for holding 2 spare 10-packs of .75 cartridges but it works for loose cartridges too

Samson Historical sells the metal cartridge boxes used by the Continental Army as wartime expedients , as prescribed by General Washington

I just bought one of the small cartridge boxes off Ebay that's supposed to be a British "extra cartridge " case or whatever it's called

It's just a leather box with a metal insert and a sling. Presumably for holding 2 spare 10-packs of .75 cartridges but it works for loose cartridges too

Samson Historical sells the metal cartridge boxes used by the Continental Army as wartime expedients , as prescribed by General Washington

I struck out at Ebay. Couldn't pull up anything using British extra cartridge case...box... anything.
But Samson was a hit. He put me in touch with Mt Misery right here in PA. And someone actually answered the phone and they have an actual online business and not a send me a check business. They had several to choose from. The guy said "made right here" and it would work.

Thanks.
One on the way.

That's them.
Samson Historical said to Google Godwin cartridge box and I'd find them and I did. Mt Misery is easier to remember ;)

I bought my box second hand and have no idea who made it. The holes were too small for my paper wrapped .69 balls and the block was too snug in the leather. I sanded the holes with a sanding drum in a Dremal and I sanded the sides of the block until is was snug but easily removable. Works fine now.
YouTube has some good vids on building time period paper cartridge boxes, thinking about building some myself it looks relatively easy.

Contact Dave Kasmerik (sp?) online at "Pepe's Possibles" in Tenn. I have two of his boxes & one of his portmanteau. He does excellent leatherwork. I got him to send me the boxes un-drilled since I use them with a naval blunderbuss that is larger than musket bore. (I was only able to get 5 holes in the little belly box and 17 in the standard box).
I second this. Dave is good people and will work with you.

Back