• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED I need a .44 snub nose

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, looking at threads I see these are available on 1851 or 1860 platforms.. Choice? Is ASM a horrible choice? I can wait for ESM to get the 1860 version

OK, I looked at the 6 that I have in my stable, and found 2 that I could let go of.
It was a hard decision to pick them, and I almost decided to chuck the whole thing, but, here they are:

They first is a plow-handle gripped Pietta 1860, marked "CF", which means made in 2010.
My Gunsmith (Michael Rudolph AKA CoffinMaker) cut and crowned a factory barrel to 3-1/8 inches, and dovetailed a new front sight in.
*It is in nice condition
*good bore
*good cylinder chambers
*Slix aftermarket nipples (Made to fit Remington #10 caps)
*Cap rake installed by CoffinMaker -- see image (Keeps spent caps from falling into the action)
*Action work by CoffinMaker
*.451 round ball

The second gun is a factory 1860 snubbie
Thunderer grip frame with walnut grips
Marked "BI", which means made in 1997
*It is in nice condition
*good bore
*good cylinder chambers
*Slix aftermarket nipples (Made to fit Remington #10 caps)
*Cap rake installed by CoffinMaker -- see image (Keeps spent caps from falling into the action)
*Action work by CoffinMaker
*.451 round ball

The first image shows the gunsmith-installed cap rake.
It is a steel post behind the nipple that keeps the spent cap from falling back into the action.
The hammer is grooved to pass by the rake and pop the cap.

Guns are $350 each + $20 USPS Priority Mail, insured shipping = $370 to your door
USPS Money Order or Certified Bank Check please.
Thanks for looking.
Please let me know if you want to purchase one.
Thanks
--Dawg
5DSC_0034.jpg
bh1DSC_0031.jpg
pl3DSC_0032.jpg

Back